Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mild Stereo for "05 Chevy

BRSTQUEST
    Iam looking to do a mild stereo upgrade to my "05 Chevy C/C,,,, I have a set of 8" JL's i want to use powered by a mild amp and want to do 4 6 1/2's powered by another mild amp. I will be using the stock head unit as to keep the stock look to the thiefs.....What type of 6 1/2's would work best and what type of amps????? I do not want anything to wild just a lil more power and punch......And what type of price range am i looking at?????? Any help is appreciated......Thanks

cc322
    I am not sure but If you are going to use the factory head unit you may want to think about one of these
    Six Channel Line Output Converter
    Roz what do you think?
    http://mobileaudiocontrol.com/produc...49&l1=5249&l2=

BRSTQUEST
    Is The Converter Needed Or Does It Help Clean Up The Sound?????? What Is The Cost On These Pieces Of Equipment?????

mbrown2
    Is The Converter Needed Or Does It Help Clean Up The Sound?????? What Is The Cost On These Pieces Of Equipment?????
    I would also look at this piece for the coversion/summing piece, and it builds in the equalization piece...
    Rockford Fosgate
    3 Sixty (http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...5&locale=en_US)
    If you just want the line out to add and amp check out Peripherals Line Out GM models..
    Peripheral Line Outs (http://peripheralelectronics.com/web/loc.asp#premium)
    I am in the same boat and awaiting Peripheral or Pac devices to be released for Chryslers stuff....Think the Rockford stuff should be available in April

Eliminator 4 Life
    I would use JL audio speakers and Arc AUdio amps

mbrown2
    The RF 3 sixty is the same as the AC and JL pieces.
    I know but just another option as I think the RF piece has a little bit more eq capabilities after flattening the signal, plus it has summing capabilities and removes the need to have a Audio Control LOC 8 or some other summing device (I think you need another device to add to the original clean sweep)...the RF is a nice piece in a single chassis.

phebus
    I know but just another option as I think the RF piece has a little bit more eq capabilities after flattening the signal, plus it has summing capabilities and removes the need to have a Audio Control LOC 8 or some other summing device (I think you need another device to add to the original clean sweep)...the RF is a nice piece in a single chassis.
    Damn Brown, getting all technical and shit. No wonder your stereo's sound so good.

mbrown2
    Damn Brown, getting all technical and shit. No wonder your stereo's sound so good.
    My next boat system is going to be an Ipod and a set of head phones.....runs all day, sounds good, and cuts out any unwanted noise...people, boats, wife or otherwise while allowing you to enjoy the water...all for less then $500.

mbrown2
    Iam looking to do a mild stereo upgrade to my "05 Chevy C/C,,,, I have a set of 8" JL's i want to use powered by a mild amp and want to do 4 6 1/2's powered by another mild amp. I will be using the stock head unit as to keep the stock look to the thiefs.....What type of 6 1/2's would work best and what type of amps????? I do not want anything to wild just a lil more power and punch......And what type of price range am i looking at?????? Any help is appreciated......Thanks
    By the way once you figure out what you want to run after the headunit, I would do a single 5 channel amp either like a Directed 5 channel to power the 4 6.5's and its sub channel to power the two eights...should sound really good and be very reasonable...I run the same setup except for a stealthbox in CC and a 5 Channel JL Amp and it sounds great.

BRSTQUEST
    Did You Use The Rf Piece Or The Jl Piece?????? I Was Reading Info About The Onstar, Will Doing This Have An Affect On The Onstar In The Truck??????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast