Thread: Digital Camera

Boozer
    I have been spending a lot of time in a lot of beautiful places lately and don't have any pics to show you guys. I need to start getting pics and this means it's time for me to purchase a digi cam.
    I'd like to stay at or under $275 and get something with at least 3 megapixels if possible.
    Do you guys have any reccomendations on what to get? I know pretty much nothing about digital cameras except for the fact that the more mega pixels the better the picture quality will be. I just know my aunt and uncle seem to replace their cameras about every 6-9 months and I want one that is going to last me longer then that.
    Thanks.

Boozer
    So I found a fuji thats the right price and what I want. Wondering if any of you have any experience with Fujis and what your thoughts about them are.

stroke-me
    I have the Cannon, but a coworker has the Fuji 3.5mpx and it does produce some nice pics. I like the size of it and it is easy to operate. Be sure to get extra memory. For ease of downloading the pics get a usb memory drive that will hold the mem card and it will look like a drive to your computer.

RP
    . For ease of downloading the pics get a usb memory drive that will hold the mem card and it will look like a drive to your computer. [/QB][/QUOTE]
    Actually all you really need is an external card reader that plugs into one of the usb ports. This works just as well and will cost you around $30.00. It will also allow you to download to any computer with a usb port.
    As far as cameras go... check the coolpix series by Nikon. I'm not sure if it's in your price range but it's a great recreational camera that will last you for awhile.

stroke-me
    Same thing I just didn't get the name right. Might have been the Capt. Morgan from the weekend.

Boozer
    Well I ordered the fuji finepic a303 most of the reviews i have read on it have been good ones so hopefully it works out good for me. If it doesnt i can always take it back and buy something different.

stroke-me
    You will like it! Works great up to somewhere like 11 x 17.

rvrkaosI
    Get rechargeable batteries, the digital cameras go through the juice quick, especially when you have the screen to view on, or zooming in.