Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boatshow Salesmen

Trailer Park Casanova
    Good salesmen facinate me.
    If they don't go to work, no one does.
    A good boat saleman can sell you the gascap off your boat and you'd feel good about it.
    Hard to find a good one.
    My dad used to buy new Fords in Ojai, Calif. A really cool wood frame/floor old Ford dealer, still in business today, the old showroom still there since the Model T days.
    The salesmen knew everything about everything about Ford products.
    No baiters, closers or other dipshits, the salesman handled the entire transaction.
    You go in now,, it's Hector, his business card has Carlos name crossed out and his written in, and he has to keep running to someone to find out answers.
    The Boatshow produces some ringers too.
    The dumbest sales people are from Berts. The biggest liars probably Malibu Boats.
    The most disappointing are Advantage.
    Most the boat companies seem to have salepeople that know nothing about their line.
    The most knowlegable and straight forward seem to be Ebbtide in Corona, among others I'm sure.
    Thank god I've never had to sell anything with my business. I've made it on good prices, quality work and word of mouth.
    I'd be standing there stepping on my Dick if I had to sell anything to someone.
    My uncle had a meat business in Hawaii since WWII. Chudacoff meats. They sold 100% of the non retail meat in Hawaii and Hong Kong. Think about it, thats alot of money.
    Check this out:
    My Uncle Lou decided to retire, sold the meat company to an outfit that ran a bunch of KFC's, and they decided that if they controlled 100% of the islands meat, why have salesmen?
    So they fired all their sales staff, causing the company, in business since WWII, to fold a year later.
    If salesmen don't go to work, no one does. It has to be a companies most important asset, and I think a lot of companies, especially boat companies, don't realize it.
    [ August 28, 2003, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

wildbillg
    how true, how true......
    if only more people felt that way.

Just Tool'n
    Salesmen ( or Saleswomen) are a dying breed!
    I need 2-3 good peolple right now!
    Willing to get up in the AM, drive a truck around, & talk tools to people who use them to earn there living.
    The biggest design flaw our tools have is they do not have a mouth, & they can not talk for themself.

HighRoller
    The wisest advice I ever got from somebody was kinda like this.The people who deal with your customers will make or break you so pay them more than the market wage.They will work harder and take more care in your business as well as being loyal beyond reproach.BTW,Just Tool'n,you lookin for any reps in the NV/AZ/CA tri-state area?I'm contemplating a career change lately and used to be a race car mechanic.....

Trailer Park Casanova
    Just Tool'n:
    The biggest design flaw our tools have is they do not have a mouth, & they can not talk for themself. Now that's a great line.
    Even though I have a Air Conditioning business, my uncle told me to go to a Singer Sewing machine sales class.
    He said: "If they can keep moving those pieces of crap, they must have a good salesprogram".
    My uncle was right, the class helped a lot until I could set up my business trying to dodge selling, and avoid expensive yellow pages ads.

burbanite
    Some good quotes in this thread.
    In my younger day, journeying from NZ to England, (a two year sojourn), I had a six month stop in Perth Australia. Sold commercial vehicles for a Toyota dealership, first sales job and I sucked.
    Until that is, I realized that no-one on the sales staff knew much about the product. That part was easy for me being the technical type and pretty soon I tossed aside all of the "sales pitch" b.s. and more than quadrupled my units sold through product knowledge, product knowledge, product knowledge. idea

bratprince
    I own a roofing business now, but my first sales job was selling $2,000 Rainbow Vacuumes, If you can convince someone to buy a product that they can buy at wal-mart for under a 100 bucks, you can sell anything....
    Speaking of sales jobs if anyone wants to sell roofs in the San Gabriel Valley I have a an opening fax 626 633 1155

VillainDave
    bratprince:
    I own a roofing business now, but my first sales job was selling $2,000 Rainbow Vacuumes, If you can convince someone to buy a product that they can buy at wal-mart for under a 100 bucks, you can sell anything....
    Speaking of sales jobs if anyone wants to sell roofs in the San Gabriel Valley I have a an opening fax 626 633 1155 I had my start with Kiby's and i hated going to houses and showing them how much dirt they still had

HighRoller
    I can't believe how bad the F#$king economy is right now!!NOT!!!!!!!!2nd quarter economy numbers"surprise" leading economists...that's what you get for underestimating the American people.I've seen 10 job offers just in this thread so how could anyone be unemployed?

syke-o
    I would have to agree with all the posts in here...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast