Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which brand to buy??

Dave1972
    Hey Speedy,
    I am also from Wisconsin (Monroe) and just bought a 25' Eliminator late last season 502mag EFI/Bravo One. Absolutely flawless rigging and gelcoat! There is a dealer within 60 miles of me (Dubuque,IA). Where do you usually boat? I've never been up to Lake Winnebago or Green Lake....ever tried either one??? Good luck and let me know if you have other questions. It's hard to find other fellow boaters in the midwest on this website!!!!

Speedy
    Thanks for the reply Dave1972. I grew up boating the Bay of Green Bay and Lake Michigan. Mostly Green Bay. Spent a lot of time in Door County on the water. Some of the best boating in the world if you ask me. Now it's time to buy my own boat. Glad to hear about your 25' Eliminator. Very nice boat!! I love Eliminators attention to detail and speed. Quality boats. The Bay of GB is a lot different than most waters however. It tends to be VERY choppy and can easily obtain 3-4-5 ft chop with whitecaps. You take a lot of pounding at times. It doesn't get the rollers like Lake Michigan or the Ocean. My concern with buying a cat hull is that it may not take these types of waters well. I would rather go with a vee hull that I know will handle the water on GB better. Besides, my wife has never boated in her life so I want to get her the best ride possible so she will enjoy it. If she enjoys it, I will enjoy it (if you know what I mean). If she doesn't enjoy it, my boating days may be short lived.
    Happy boating Dave1972
    Speedy

spectras only
    Speedy,what I gather from your post,you have similar water conditions as we have here in B.C.1-5 footers and crosschop that's very unfriendly unless you run a scarab or donzi with 24 degree deadrise.The big ocean rolls are piece of cake for even a daycruiser of mine in the early mornings.I've been on a 72 foot McQueen heading out of English Bay {VancouverB.C)on a crosschoppy day and even that size of boat shuddered occasionally.The best type of hull would be for conditions like that is a narrow beam deep-V like 27 foot Excalibur or 27 Magnum.

Dave1972
    Speedy,
    The Eliminator Eagle is a V-Bottom. I guess I should have mentioned the V-bottom. It's a v-bottom stepped hull. It rides very nice in rough water. We do lots of boating on the Madison, WI lakes and they also get very choppy quite easily. I love their fit and finish, the ride quality is great, and the speed is very controllable and safe, doesn't give you that "out on a limb" feeling when running full throttle. Our 25' weighs in at 3800# or 4000# loaded. Cuts through the chop pretty well! Donzi makes a high class boat...no doubt there! It pays to shop around however.

Speedy
    sorry Dave1972, my bad. when I hear people say 25ft Eliminator I automatically think of the Daytona series, not the Eagle Series. I know the 25 Daytona is a VERY popular boat for eliminator. Who is the dealer you bought your boat from in Dubuque, IA? Do they have a web site? There isn't an Eliminator dealer around the GB area.

Dave1972
    Speedy,
    No biggie on the Daytona vs. Eagle...the Daytona is their most popular.
    The dealership over in Dubuque,IA is Hawkeye Marine. Check out their website at: www.hawkeyeboatsales.com (http://www.hawkeyeboatsales.com)
    They have a great service department as well. Just make sure that you look around for your best price. They do like to "wheel and deal"!
    We're thinking of making a trip to Green Lake or possibly Lake Winnebago...anywhere near you? If so, perhaps you'd like to check out an Eliminator???? Let me know...drop me an email!
    Whatever you decide, good luck and take your time!
    Hope this helps.
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif

Speedy
    Dave1972,
    Thanks for the info. I will check out their website. Lake Winnebago is about 1/2 hour from our house. There is some pretty good boating on that lake. If you go there, check out The Pioneer Resort & Marina and High Cliff State Park. Both nice places. If you make the voyage up I would love a chance to see what your 25 Eliminator looks like.
    Happy Boating!!
    Speedy

Raypanic
    I own a 1998 powerquest 380 I liked the boat because of the extra space you get with a raised deck, The factory is close too. They make a top notch boat for the money. It seems that they are a little more family oriented than most.
    I also own a 2000 Eliminator 236 Eagle XP BR Great inland lake boat and flawless gelcoat a very nice boat it handles very well and is a breeze to drive at higher speeds. I get a lot of comments and looks here in michigan, Not many Eliminators here.
    Ray

RumRunner
    Speedy

RumRunner
    Speedy:
    Sorry took so long to get back to ya, I've got a 1994 Sunsation Aggressor. They are made in Michigan. Go to www.sunsationboats.com (http://www.sunsationboats.com) they are really good people to deal with, and bbuild an excellent boat. If you go on Offshoreonly.com the COO of the company is on there all the time. Real nice guy, and he returns all e-mails, and calls. If you'd like more info you can e-mail me at bg.doug@worldnet.att.net

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast