Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which brand to buy??

RumRunner
    Speedy
    Check out the posts on 28' Sunsation, Dave from Sunsation is on there, you can e-mail him yourself. You should atleast check out there stuff you'll be happy you did
    Doug

Speedy
    RumRunner,
    Thanks for the info and link to Sunsation's web site. Checked them out this am and you're right, I was not disappointed. They do make some nice boats. And from what I understand, their 25 ft is a $70,000 or less boat. Not bad price for what seems to be good quality. I will check out Offshoreonly.com and look for Dave. I already requested info from Sunsation via their website. Can't wait to get it!!
    Thanks again!!!
    Speedy

HYDROMOBILE
    Try another page this is a jetboat page, Please

Dave1972
    Hydromobile,
    I think you are mistaken. This forum is for Offshore Sportboats. I think your light might be on, but I'm not sure anyone is home. Last time I checked jetboats aren't offshore boats at all. Sorry if I'm rude, but just keeping everything in check! You might try the Jet Performance forum for jetboats. Good luck.

bshaw13
    Take a look at Sunsation. I looked at all types of boats for 2 years before I purchased a Sunsation this year. The boat is awesome. Less expensive than a Donzi and put together better. Their web site is www.sunsation.com (http://www.sunsation.com)
    [This message has been edited by bshaw13 (edited August 23, 2001).]

FastCats
    Originally posted by Speedy:
    My wife and I are looking to buy our first boat and of course it needs to be FAST!!! We are looking at Donzi, Powerquest, and Baja. Which one out of these three do you all think is the better brand to buy??? My thoughts are Donzi is a step above the other two. Are Powerquest and Baja are about equal??
    Thanks all
    Have you looked at cats, for speed and a comfortable ride?

25OUTLAW
    My wife and I are looking to buy our first boat and of course it needs to be FAST!!! We are looking at Donzi, Powerquest, and Baja. Which one out of these three do you all think is the better brand to buy??? My thoughts are Donzi is a step above the other two. Are Powerquest and Baja are about equal??
    Speedy and other posters, finally go the boat fixed. 65.2 on the gps @4850 with the 23 mirage. I added some stainless marine headers and roller rockers along the way. Found many things to be worng including:
    1. Motor and drive out of alignment
    2. Replaced timing advance module.
    3. 3 fuel injectorshad rust in them leading to 8 new injectors and 2 new redulators.
    4. ECU programing was AFU!!! Quite a few of the parameter were off just a bit and this was the major problem.
    Thanks so much to Port Searay in Jacksonville and Maercury for all there time and doing Bajas job for them post sale. Don't ever take your boat to Julington Creek Marina service if you live in Jacksonville, FL. These guys were completely worthless if the problem didn't jump out and bite them in the face. Anyway some prop testing is coming and should have a lab finished prop soon. Speedy what did you end up purchasing or are you still shopping around. I really love my Baja now that it is fixed. Too bad there customer service stinks!!!!
    Larry
    Thanks all

Speedy
    Good to hear that your problems got resolved 25OUTLAW. Glad to hear you love your boat now. I havn't purchased a boat yet, although my wife and I know what we want - a Bayliner (Just kidding!!) We have fallen in love with Sonic. We are looking at a 26 Prowler. It is a beautiful boat that is very well built and has a lot of great amenities. Sonic has never had a structural hull defect in almost 30 years of existance. It's not the fastest but will handle the rough stuff with ease. They are a little heavier boat due to construction and amenities. The only problem is we saw a new 31 Sonic this past weekend in Sturgeon Bay and fell in love with it. We may have to skip the 26 and jump to the 31. Damn I hate it when that happens. We probably won't do anything until next spring as my wife just started a new job and we just built a new house this past spring. I'll keep everyone posted. Good luck 25OUTLAW.
    Speedy

Eric1969
    Thanks RumRunner. What Size/model Sunsation did you buy? where is Sunsation made? do they have a website?
    Speedy
    Dave Hare is the COO of Sunsation Boats. His email address is dhare@sunsationboats.com

HallettBoats
    Buy a Hallett. www.hallettboats.com (http://www.hallettboats.com)
    Cant beat 'em

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast