Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surfs Up (or at least it will be)

Tom Foolery
    We could start to see W swell (270-285) from the low north of Hawaii as early as Friday evening, but best on Saturday. That looks good for 3-4-5’ surf at the good spots, slightly bigger at standout locations. Long period WNW swell (290-300+) will arrive from the extra-tropical storm as early as Saturday afternoon, but better Sunday. This has definite potential for overhead surf at the good spots for Sunday. If these two storms interact as forecast, we could see even larger WNW surf for the beginning of next week. Stay tuned.
    Its about frickin Time!!
    Ok, so I'm a little excited that we will finally be putting an end to this B.S. flat spell we've had going on. It's time to wash the dust off of my boards & have some fun.
    I can't be the only one on this board who surfs. I'd guess that Roz surfs from his avatar, but what about the rest of you? Anyone else planning on getting wet this weekend?
    I'll be putting in some time in The South Bay on Saturday & Sunday if anyone is in the area & feels like joining me.

ROZ
    Looks like I better break out the short gun (7'4")and a wetsuit Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning at Blacks
    [ October 17, 2002, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: ROZ ]

ROZ
    I'm pretty sure that rivercutie surfs, too.

Tom Foolery
    I would have though for sure that with so many guys from So. Cal posting here there would have been a few more on here.
    So i'm guessing O-side is your local break if your from San Marcos.

SchellSchock
    Checkin Out WindnSea Saturday.

Infomaniac
    ROZ:
    Looks like I better break out the short gun (7'4")and a wetsuit Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning at Blacks I thought Blacks was NO SUIT !!
    Some serious shrinkage eek!

78Eliminator
    Infomaniac:
    ROZ:
    Looks like I better break out the short gun (7'4")and a wetsuit Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning at Blacks I thought Blacks was NO SUIT !!
    Some serious shrinkage eek! I thought you were an oakie!!??

rivercutie
    I love surfing, I think I am the worst one out there but I try and its cheap entertainment for everyone else. I haven't put the wetsuit back on still been sporting the rash guard and suit. It is getting alittle chilly though.

Infomaniac
    78Eliminator:
    Infomaniac:
    ROZ:
    Some serious shrinkage eek! I thought you were an oakie!!??I am an Okie. Did some time at NAS Miramar. Lived in Poway.

Tom Foolery
    Ok, so I'm not the only one who feels a little sad when I'm driving to the river knowing the latest hurricane swell will be filling in over the weekend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast