Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blown 472, this would hand you your ass

superdave013
    Good thing you're in the mid west as you most likely won't run into this car at the track.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9RD_Darren_import_car.jpg[/img]

Boozer
    Good Ole 4G63 power. Why FWD and not AWD though? And what kinda turbo is that on there? Prolly gonna take an awfully big shot of happy gas to spool that sucker up.
    I use to have an Eclipse that I had set up for road racing and ocassional passes down the local drag strip. I miss that thing.

superdave013
    I donno why FWD. It's a drag car I'm pretty sure. Maybe it's the class it's running in, I donno.
    I don't know jack shit about imports myself. My friend owns the shop where I took that pic. I've been blown away time and time again seeing the HP #'s that he gets on the dyno out of those lil suckers.
    Oh, he's a nitrous freak and I'm sure that will be getting a large dose of happy gas.
    I should have gotten some pics of some of the other cars in there. Pretty neat stuff. A sand rail was just bad ass!

Looks like a 4G63 engine. They better have gotten a posi trans from New Zealand if it's FWD only, or else they won't find the gears they need with those tires. That turbo won't be spooling up real quick with the flow limitations with that head though. Rod Millen used to port them into the coolant passages looking for more flow! Sure hope they setup the GSX drivetrain. Been there, done that back in the early nineties.

Hustler
    Was that at R&D?

superdave013
    Hustler:
    Was that at R&D? Yup, this is not Darren's first goat ropin. I would think it will run pretty hard.

Tom Brown
    Cool car. I take it that's a 4... or is it a V8 with one head off?
    It looks more stout than the 2.5 in my Citation.

Hustler
    I used to love hangin around there, between R & D & Chris's shop I dont know how I still managed to hold a job eek!
    [ September 08, 2003, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Hustler ]

Blown 472
    How fast and what does it cost?? and add in parts breakage to get a grand total of what per year??? Nice work thou.

Boozer
    Blown 472:
    How fast and what does it cost?? and add in parts breakage to get a grand total of what per year??? Nice work thou. From the looks of that car I'd say it will be capable of mid 9's to low 10's. To build something like that ground up you're talkin about 25k-30k. Breakage wont be to bad other then having to rebuild the tranny after every event. DSM trannys are POS. But if you grenade the motor you only have 4 pistons and rods to replace rather then 4.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast