Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lion Country

Mandelon
    Saw something on this on TV today. Who remembers Lion Country Safari?
    Used to be in Irvine....Folks took me in the early 70's, when Irvine was barely there. Orange County still had oranges....
    It seems there is still one in Florida. You could drive your car through the wild life area with real lions, and zebras and other African animals.
    They had a rule against convertibles for some reason.

ColeTR1
    Went there on a field trip, third grade 1970.

bordsmnj
    i remember that place. didn't they close it cuase some lady tried to feed one of the nice kitties?

ColeTR1
    A hippo got lose from there and lived for a couple of weeks in that small lake in Laguna Canyon,. They had to kill it. That pissed off all the animal lovers. burningm After that the place went down hill.

Kilrtoy
    Yep that place was cool...

JetBoatRich
    Remember it, seems like yesterday. I guess if we want to wild life where we lock the door and keep the windows up we need to go to Compton or South Central jawdrop

mickeyfinn
    We used to have one in atlanta. Seems the animals didn't like to stay inside and a few of the cats would get out and go roaming through neighborhoods so they had to close it. Still remember the sign going in though. Thought it was cool when I was younger, it said "No Trespassing Violators will be eaten"

OGShocker
    JetBoatRich:
    Remember it, seems like yesterday. I guess if we want to wild life where we lock the door and keep the windows up we need to go to Compton or South Central jawdrop Now that would be an adventure!

hot_diggity_dog
    Mandelon you are old like me. wink
    Been their many of times.
    Do you remember The deer park in Buena Park?
    HDD

Caribbean Jet
    I remember going there with the folks. I have two very distinct memories from there. The first one was those huge wooden gates at the beginning of the tour in your own car, the gates sort of look like the ones in Jurassic park. The second memory was some game that had a rope that you shot a plastic football back and forth on. Not really animal related but its a memory. That place was cool.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast