Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lion Country

Blown 472
    When my mom worked for Global they had their company picnics there, the machine that made the plastic animals right before your eyes was cool.

miller19j
    Blown 472:
    When my mom worked for Global they had their company picnics there, the machine that made the plastic animals right before your eyes was cool. I can still remember the smell of the plastic in that machine when it was making your animal.
    Oh….. fond memories that was back in the day when if you were really good you could ride in the very back of Dad’s wood paneled station wagon!

Caribbean Jet
    This is a strange but cool topic. Brings back such strange memories. Blown472 I remember those company picnics to. Don't you wish you could go back to those times.

Blown 472
    miller19j:
    Blown 472:
    When my mom worked for Global they had their company picnics there, the machine that made the plastic animals right before your eyes was cool. I can still remember the smell of the plastic in that machine when it was making your animal.
    Oh….. fond memories that was back in the day when if you were really good you could ride in the very back of Dad’s wood paneled station wagon! I had a wood panelled wagon for a while, green with wood and white rims, I loved that car.
    I remember standing over the hippo area watching them mill around not knowing just how bad ass they really are.
    I think I had my first taste of beer at one of those picnics there, came home with a hand stamp on my forhead.
    [ August 27, 2003, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

OCStoker
    I remember cruising through that place with the girlfriend and a six pack of Michelob! Great way to check out the wild life.

SS Havabrew
    ColeTR1:
    A hippo got lose from there and lived for a couple of weeks in that small lake in Laguna Canyon,. They had to kill it. That pissed off all the animal lovers. burningm After that the place went down hill. I remember that. The hippos name was bubbles. My dad had a shirt made that said "Shoot Bubbles" That was some funny sh_t seeing people expressions to that!

Ziggy
    Irvine Spectrum was the Aviary show arena, the water park there uses many of the buildings and huts(hense the safari look). Good ol' days.
    HDD-I never knew there was a Deer Park in Buena Park...maybe I was too young to remember since I moved from there in '69. Used to live right by the Mall.

blownmoney
    When my mom worked for Global they had their company picnics there, the machine that made the plastic animals right before your eyes was cool.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    damn , i can smell em now!..

ratso
    We had Texas Safari, knew the late owner very well, cool place, had a saloon and a hotel. He had a 34ft Maelstrom (only about 10 made) with 3 V-8's on it named Larry, Moe, and Curly, wish I knew how to post pics. Seems there started being a few fires there, first the hotel and then the saloon, seemed there was a little arson going on. Anyway he passed away in jail a couple of years ago, aside from the arson and insurance scams he was a pretty cool guy, kind of miss him...

CA Stu
    blownmoney:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    damn , i can smell em now!.. Holy shit, I am old too... what a cool memory. And they used to be warm when you got 'em.
    I remember going through there in the back row of seats of a huge 3 row-seating Pontiac Station Wagon, I think it was called a "Grand Safari"?
    CA Stu <-- going outside to burn a Taco Bell cup, see if it smells as good...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast