Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WHY ARE CONTRACTORS SO F*@%ED UP

Kilrtoy
    So I need a garage door opener installed. So I wait 4 days for this yahoo to show up. He calls at the time he is supposed to be here and says he is running late. ok, he says he will be right there. Well just shy of three hours later he calls and says he will be here within an 1/2 hour or so. So the wife ask what type of discount do I get for wasting my whole day. He answers NONE. So she answers don't bother coming over, we'll call someone else.
    F*#$%in DICK.....

SCUBA STEVE
    Do it yourself bro?? Or have a beer party and we'll drive out & help you. The garage might not open or close afterwards but we'll have a good time trying to make it work. lol

jlnorthrup122
    dude I agree the man sounds like an ass but he probably has much bigger projects to take care of than yours so he's prioritizing in $Dollar bills YO. sounds like this guy is not a bonded contractor. call up sears or your local overhead door company!

Freak
    I agree...just do it yourself, you will be surprised how easy it is

mike37
    Kilrtoy:
    So I need a garage door opener installed. So I wait 4 days for this yahoo to show up. He calls at the time he is supposed to be here and says he is running late. ok, he says he will be right there. Well just shy of three hours later he calls and says he will be here within an 1/2 hour or so. So the wife ask what type of discount do I get for wasting my whole day. He answers NONE. So she answers don't bother coming over, we'll call someone else.
    F*#$%in DICK..... you did the right thing
    he would not have don you right
    if he cant shoe up on time

TrojanDan
    SCUBA STEVE:
    Do it yourself bro?? Or have a beer party and we'll drive out & help you. The garage might not open or close afterwards but we'll have a good time trying to make it work. lol Thanks for volunteering yourself Steve. I have a brand new one in a box in my Havasu garage. Feel free to stop by and hook it up. The box says it should only take 4-6 hours so that only translates to 2-3 days. yuk
    p.s. - make sure it works when your done!

TrojanDan
    First double post! WTF?
    [ July 21, 2003, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: TrojanDan ]

Kilrtoy
    I have the worst luck when it comes to these things.
    I had new windows put in. They gave an estimate and said 1 day.
    Well that turned into three, Reason they gave. We didnt know your house was three stories. AHHHHH DUHHHHHHHHHH you were here and saw the house and gave an estimate, idiot.
    So then I have the interior of the house painted. Again the genious came to the house and gave an estimate. 1 day maybe two with monor touch ups. Ok
    Well three full days later he finishes and says wow this was a really hard job........
    Now I know why i'm not a contractor, cuz i'm not a MORON

jlnorthrup122
    Now I know why i'm not a contractor, cuz i'm not a MORON hey now!! these people don't sound like contractors either. sounds like to me you went with the lowest dollar bid and your getting what you pay for. from now on ask them if their bonded! If they look at you with a stupid look on there face get rid of em! are these people in any way profesional?

Kilrtoy
    Actually,
    I didnt go woth the lowest bid and these companies have huge showrooms and appeared on all fronts to be on the up and up. Well they did do good work.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast