Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultra Boat's on the radio...

summerlove
    Was listening to my favorite radio program yesterday morning, the DSC on KGB in San Diego, and they had an ad for Ultra boats. It wasn't a canned ad, but an ad that was read by the show's host - It was a pretty good ad. Wondering if anyone else heard it and if anyone is hearing the same in other markets. Kind of shameless advertising but it was cool - used the local San Diego spin as a sales tool, and mentioned monster garage, fear factor, etc.

riverrunner
    Yeah, I heard it too. Sales must be pretty bad if they have to resort to advertising on the radio.

Mandelon
    Mention this ad and get $2000 off your next purchase????

ULTRA28
    How can sales be considered bad just because I'm advertising? I'm trying to pull in customers that might not know about the custom boat market. The morning show on KGB is one of the highest rated in the country. I don't understand why it is such a big deal. I haven't even heard them myself yet. By the way, ask anybody from the boards here that have purchased from me and you'll find that I give even a better discount to the members of this forum than the $2,000 mentioned on the radio.
    Anybody see Junk Yard Wars tonight? They used one of my boats for some scenes of the show. I was wondering if they actually showed it.

Jrocket
    Advertising on the radio makes perfect sense to me.

jbtrailerjim
    ULTRA28:
    How can sales be considered bad just because I'm advertising? I'm trying to pull in customers that might not know about the custom boat market. The morning show on KGB is one of the highest rated in the country. I don't understand why it is such a big deal. I haven't even heard them myself yet. By the way, ask anybody from the boards here that have purchased from me and you'll find that I give even a better discount to the members of this forum than the $2,000 mentioned on the radio.
    Anybody see Junk Yard Wars tonight? They used one of my boats for some scenes of the show. I was wondering if they actually showed it. Hey John, Whats up? I agree with you. If a boat builder can afford to advertise on a popular morning radio station, to me that's a sign that there doing good. I'm sure it is not cheap to advertise on it.
    BTW.... Just to back up what John is saying here. He gave me a better deal on my new boat I am buying from him than any of the other builders I visited.
    JB

01RENEGADE
    Sounds like a good business man to me. go for it John I dont think business is bad. Isnt thier a list of about 11 people waiting for a certain boat

jlnorthrup122
    Hell yeah if I had the coin to advertise on the radio I would but my bidness not running yet! Nothing wrong with advertising hell could be you are a pioneer to a whole new angle on powerboat marketing!

Hallett19
    John, you should do TV commercials ! Some of these mickey mouse ass cable commercials suck big time, you could make a pretty nice one if you filmed it on the right equipment.

Just Tool'n
    Ultra 28. I applaud you for trying a new approach to sales.
    It is allways great to think outside of the box!
    Keep up the good work, love your boats, one day I might be in the market for another boat, & yours is one brand I would certainly look at.
    And this is coming from someone who is in sales & sells the top quality product in his industry.
    So when I buy something it is hard for me to look at nothing but the best!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast