Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAST BASS HOWARD AT MOJAVE

TPI
    I HAD TO PUT THIS TOPIC UP FOR THE SANDBAR PEOPLE:
    I thought you guys would get a kick out of this. This one is for all the guys to take home and say, "See Honey, We can have all kinds of fun with about a 1000 hp Howard Bullet!" We pulled in this big striper about 17 miles south of the Hoover Dam(cold Water). We had to make a quick run up to the dam on the way back to Cali out of Cottonwood. What a way to end a perfect family boat trip.
    GT
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3831bass.JPG[/img]

WetWillie
    That is one beutiful boat!!! Your boay make me consider a V. For some reason I still have this thing about cats!
    WW wink

TPI
    WetWillie:
    That is one beutiful boat!!! Your boay make me consider a V. For some reason I still have this thing about cats!
    WW wink Hey WW, Ive got nothing against cats, there are some very nice ones out there, But if you closed your eyes in one of these Howard Bullets in big water from 75 MPH to well over 100 mph you might think you were in a cat because its so smooth. I am so damn happy with the performance of this boat, and now with my whole family behind me on its all around recreational use, I feel like I hit a Home Run! Here is an evening pic from the sandbar. BEAUTIFUL BOAT? WHAT ABOUT THE BASS???????????????
    GT [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383asandbar25.JPG[/img]
    [ June 28, 2003, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: GT ]

dr. margarita
    Enough with the boat....how did you catch the striper? Details please...kind of bait? Looks like you caught in on a real light rig. DM

TPI
    dr. margarita:
    Enough with the boat....how did you catch the striper? Details please...kind of bait? Looks like you caught in on a real light rig. DM Just Floated out a frozen Anchovie(is that spelled right?)with 8lb test line and about 3' of liter line off a swivel with a single split shot, and let it sink in about 50 ft of water. We saw a feeding frenzy and idled up slow. Those Gatlin mufflers helped keep us on the low down . Reeled it in slow with a couple tugs here and there, and bingo! Trophy Striper!
    GT [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383abass2.JPG[/img]
    [ June 28, 2003, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: GT ]

RiverLife
    Very sweet looking boat, and very impressive catch! We always fish in the same part of the lake using AC Plugs................ good size striper every time.

TPI
    RiverLife:
    Very sweet looking boat, and very impressive catch! We always fish in the same part of the lake using AC Plugs................ good size striper every time. Some of those A/C plugs are bigger than most of the fish ive ever caught. Ive always wanted to try one but I dont think the boat would troll to well.

mbrown2
    So you gonna have Howard install a bait tank and fish basin now...

TPI
    mbrown2:
    So you gonna have Howard install a bait tank and fish basin now... Thats not too far off. I was trying to think of a hot way to mount a "HUMMINBIRD" fishfinder. What do ya think? What the hell else do I have to do besides drink beer and wait for the fish to come?
    GT

mbrown2
    There is something wrong (in a good way) with that Fish, Fishing Pole and Blower Scoop in the same pic..
    Those Bassmasters better watch out, I think you can beat the blenders to the good coves
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/17383abass.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast