Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Better pics of the 23' renegade dual jet, hope you like BIG pics

twistedpair
    mmered8299:
    How are they going to seal around the two pumps? He said there is a billet plate that he did'nt get pix of. I think this is a pretty cool idea if it works. Do the pumps counter-rotate like twin outdrives, or is that even a factor with jets?

HighRoller
    SWEET!I wonder how long it will be until some other manufacturers decided to put these things in their 23-25 footers?I really like the 23 Razor(Cobra)and 247XS(Ultra)but a jet is mandatory equipment for me here.Any word on how it compares pricewise to a sterndrive setup?

Catmando
    TwistedPair,
    There's no counterrotation, just water in and water out.
    HighRoller,
    I talked to Harold last month about a refit of my Carlson 24. He said he put the dualjet system on a 25' Hallett with a 500EFI. On his first holeshot he bent the steering wheel with his hands. jawdrop

jetfan
    Catmando: The 25' boat that has a Dual Drive is actually a 25' Howard, and not a Hallett, although there is little doubt that a Hallett will perform great too with a Dual Drive. I drove the Howard last December, and it jumps out of hole like a 19' jet. Dual Drives are definitely the way to go. Jetfan.

Catmando
    jetfan,
    Did I at least get the motor right? PM me with your emailaddy and I will send you some pics of my boat so you can tell me if the dual jet system will fit on my transom. I myself don't see any reason it wouldn't, but Harold wasn't sure.

bigq
    So how does the top speed and crusing rate with that setup? Anything close to an I/O?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12