Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marine Subwoofer

Frosty_pop
    Has anyone ever seen or know where I can find a 12" marine subwoofer? I have gone through a couple of regular ones and am sick of replacing them.

Phat_Kat
    Well are you looking for a whole new setup or just the woofer. I can make a suggestion and maybe rig it up if you're interested in something a little out of the ordinary as a whole. PM me if you're interested.

Frosty_pop
    Just looking for a 12" Marine subwoofer that can handle about 200 watts of power. (Yes I run real power, not the bridged down, punk kid kind of trash)

Phat_Kat
    too bad because I like to use klipsch 15 inchers on the older boats. They're made for pc's but if you tweak the wires around a little they can work in a boat and sound awsome. They're the kind of woofers that will knock pictures off the walls when they're in you're house.

ROZ
    Frosty,
    I know there are a few "marine" subs out there, but I can only think of a few for sure...Only 10's.... Kicker, Babb, and Clarion. The babb is a full range 10" driver model 1034 (100 watt RMS). Clarion has the CM2503 10" sub (free-air or enclosed, 300 max watts). Kicker has the KM10(125 RMS 250 peak).
    EDIT: MB Quart NWD254 10"
    Why do you keep blowing drivers? Other than a poly cone and rubber surround, the maine difference is that the tinsel leads have a rubber coating and a rust resistant basket....
    [ June 03, 2003, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: ROZ ]

Kilrtoy
    Why a marine, why not a NAVY - SUB

Essex502
    ROZ...what would you recommend as the best 10" sub and an amp to drive it? Don't want to go more than 1 sub. For a boat that is. It would be mounted under the rear bench seat on a 21' boat.

riverbound
    You dont have to run a "marine" sub, just make sure the woofer you buy has a poly cone and a rubber surround. i have been building systems in boats for years and we never use "marine" equipment.

Frosty_pop
    Ok, if I don't use a marine sub, which one do you recomend then? I have not been able to find a 12" marine sub either.

big Doug
    I found this company out there is WWW.SALESCO.COM. I have used them several times and got great service. They won't recommend anything. I also didn't want to put a lot of money in a boat system (easily stolen). I have spent a little over $170 on a 18" B-52 sub and it sounds unbelivible. Check them out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast