Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: college Football Ratings?

Up 4 River
    I can't talk any S@#* because my Irish got absolutely crushed this past Saturday. I do have these thought on the college football season so far.
    Ohio St is way over rated and will loss probably at least two games in the BIg 10. I like Oklahoma, but their defense showed signs of vulnerability against Bama down there. Bama had at least 100 yards of receptions that were called back because of bad calls by the ref. Like calling the receiver out of bounds when he was truely in bounds. In a20-13 game that could have made a big difrerence. I can't Fing stand Miami! A bunch of trash takling players that the east coast media haas hyped up so much their heads may explode. They should have lost to Florida, who will make some noise in the SEC this year.
    NO team in the SEC will go undefeated because of the depth in the conference. A one point or another they will probably have Florida, Tennesse, Old Miss, LSU, Bama, Arkansas & Auburn in the top 25.
    That is the same reason I feel that the BIg 12 will not have an undefeated team. Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M & Kansas St.
    Michigan has looked good this year and they should be happy the Big 10 is not great by any means this year. Purdue losses to Bowling Green. Wisconson lost to UNLV. Penn St is 0-2 in Unhappy valley. Ohio St should have lost to SDSU and NC St. Iowa may be the only competition for Michigan. MSU may have a pride issue and give them a little competition, but I doubt it.
    I have said from the beginning of these post before the season started that the PAC 10 would be extremely weak. Washington was suppose to be the next best to SC and lost badly to Ohio St who we know is not as good as people thought. UCLA is a lot better than I expected and will get better. Oregon St is bad, and proved it against Fresno st. ASU is SC biggest competition. WSU will surprise some people this year and looked very good last week. The maority of their defense is back. Almost their entire coaching staff is back and Darnell DArling is a big threat as always. Cal got handled by K State and Stanford is nowhere to be seen.
    FSU will have good games against NC St, Maryland, Miami and Florida.
    Just my thought on the season so far.

SCUBA STEVE
    THOR:
    and LSU, GA, Bama, Tennessee, and.... [/b]
    All losers except for Georgia. Sorry frown

Do you think the BCS should be abondoned? I do and the NCAA should have a playoff sysytem. The bowls could still be played and the best 8 could play a playoff system in January. the bowls could be used to qualify for that final eight.
    What do you think?

SCUBA STEVE
    up4river Just admit USC is the shit this year!!
    j/k

Up 4 River
    I think that they need a playoff system. SC would have liked one last year and I know my Irish could have used one in 93 when they gave it to FSU even after we beat them that year.

Up 4 River
    They are dope this year. I will give it up for them because of the family alumni and Shaun Cody who is a Los Altos kid. Known him since he was like 5 years old. The worst thing is I will be going to some games with the brother-in -law
    It is nice to see the SC girls on a hot sunny SAturday in the fall walking through campus. SC tank tops and baby T's never looked so good.

Up4River all good reasons for a playoff system. but the way every pollster comes out in the east it is as if the no. 1 spot is just granted to Miami and its their to lose. Granted Ok is no 1 now but they could very well be 2-1. I'd stack up USC's BIG "D" against Ok anytime and if we have the year I think we are capable of having we just might see Ok and USC in the big game. And if USC makes it there don't be surprised if their defense shuts down their opponents just like we did Iowa last year.
    I would rather be the Trojans this year than anybody they face! Anybody! Our defense is capable of shuting down anybody they play this year and even shuting out most of them.
    Do you really think they will ever replace the BCS SYSTEM? BOY I HOPE SO.

THOR
    SCUBA STEVE:
    THOR:
    All losers except for Georgia. Sorry Just come and play there for one year. Then, have a playoff where you play the best team in the East or West SEC. The PAC 10 cant even hold a candle the the SEC, or BIG 10 for that matter.
    How many Pac 10 slugs in the top 25?

sandblasted
    THOR:
    SCUBA STEVE:
    THOR:
    All losers except for Georgia. Sorry Just come and play there for one year. Then, have a playoff where you play the best team in the East or West SEC. The PAC 10 cant even hold a candle the the SEC, or BIG 10 for that matter.
    How many Pac 10 slugs in the top 25? It's early still...The question is how many Pac 10 teams will be in the top 25 at year end? I recall Auburn was ranked until they got stomped...Early rankings don't mean a thing!

SCUBA STEVE
    5.... I think thats pretty good. Considering the pac ten always seems to get punked in the polls.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast