Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: college Football Ratings?

SCUBA STEVE
    BUSTI:
    Do you really think they will ever replace the BCS SYSTEM? BOY I HOPE SO. shorten the season by 1 game and have a play off.
    Thats the only way to do it.
    If you really think about it rankings can be fixed!! Just like boxing.

River Lynchmob
    SC is going to keep stomping, Leinart is going to do nothing but get better as he matures and the defense is the sickest in the land period. and mark my words UCLA will loose next weekend to SDSU.

beyondhelpin
    Oklahoma! How about those Sooners! Corn fed and ready to put all others to bed!

THOR
    River Lynchmob:
    SC is going to keep stomping, Leinart is going to do nothing but get better as he matures and the defense is the sickest in the land period. and mark my words UCLA will loose next weekend to SDSU. Stop. I personally know Leinart and he is a good dude. But, passing 2 screens to Williams and letting him break away for over 70 yeard each time is not a 70+ yard pass. That is called 'run after the catch'. Much different than connecting for a 20-30 pass. Take away Williams and Leinart is done.
    BTW, Booty is your next QB by year's end. You heard it here first. I am not the only one that is saying that. Just ask the experts.

CEO
    First of all, I love UCLA. Yes I know, we suck and will for at least another year in football! We suck also in basketball, but not for long. I hate USC, when the Bruins play, but I can deal with them other wise. Pete Carroll has them playing very well and they are deep. I see the rankings like this Michigan, Oklahoma, USC, Miami, Ohio St, for this week.
    my 2 cents
    CEO
    [ September 16, 2003, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: CEOinSoCal ]

SCUBA STEVE
    THOR:
    River Lynchmob:
    SC is going to keep stomping, Leinart is going to do nothing but get better as he matures and the defense is the sickest in the land period. and mark my words UCLA will loose next weekend to SDSU. Stop. I personally know Leinart and he is a good dude. But, passing 2 screens to Williams and letting him break away for over 70 yeard each time is not a 70+ yard pass. That is called 'run after the catch'. Much different than connecting for a 20-30 pass. Take away Williams and Leinart is done.
    BTW, Booty is your next QB by year's end. You heard it here first. I am not the only one that is saying that. Just ask the experts. I hear what your saying. I am still not convinced the offense is top notch. The defense has been putting them in great situations. Hey Tampa & Baltimore won Superbowls with solid defense. Why didnt Booty get any PT last week? They say Booty is practicing with the first team this week. Bad move if you ask me.... Why fix something if it aint broke... The Alum & boosters must be putting pressure on the AD, to play him.

River Ric
    College Football is hear season again. As I sit hear and talk to my son about his high school practice today, I can't help remember playing ball, even though is was 100 years ago. Ok maybe 25 years ago. I love all of the optimistic fans and alumm's like myself that live and breath for this time of year. Last season was the most incrediable college football season since I last played in '79. My buckeye's went 14-0. I have heard all of the excuses that everyone has said and when all was said and done, we were the only undeafeted team in the country. Our first National Title since the late 60's. As much as I am for cheering for whoever is playing SC, I must say that Carroll has done a great job with his boys. they look top shelf in my book. UCLA is, well rebuiling and ASU looks good too. PAC-10 has a shot this year but whoever said that they don't have the same play as the SEC or the Big 10 is right. That's why I choose to back east and play. I am looking forward to a great season and hope that all of you go to some of these great games. We were at the Rose Bowl on Sat. and glad to see UCLA pull off their first win with the new coach. Go BUCK"S

fear the turtle
    I like the BCS, although it could use a little tweaking. I think all the discussions and controversy is good for the sport. And I think the bowl system works best for spreading the wealth and image that more teams are champions or had successful seasons. Granted it doesn't work best for declaring a true National champion, but what it does do is declare 1 national champion and 15 bowl champions. IMHO, a playoff system would be to detrimental to the fans and athletes appreciation for their team going 8-4 and winning the peach bowl. It would be an all or nothing mentality and unfortunately that would eliminate all but a handful of teams each year.
    I'm sure none of this is making sense, I'm terrible at trying to get a point/opinion across.

Sand Dawg
    wsu...a little bit louder...now

River Lynchmob
    THOR:
    River Lynchmob:
    BTW, Booty is your next QB by year's end. You heard it here first. I am not the only one that is saying that. Just ask the experts. Leinart is a Soph with 3 starts unders his belt. he will improve. I don't remember Palmer comming out and burning up the field fist first season or two or maybe it was three eek! but mu point is with play time your confidence improves along with that your play does too.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast