Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WHAT TO BUY

HILDY
    I AM LOOKING AT A 22' LASER, 23' CALIBER 1 AND A 23' ULTRA ALL WITH A 496 MAG/BRAVO 1. WHICH IS THE BEST CHOICE AND WHY?

JetBoatRich
    You are really not sure, you started two threads over it

24RODjr
    KIND OF A DIVERSE PRICE RANGE THERE...OH AND LEARN HOW TO USE THE CAPS lock....CAPS=YELLING!

Mandelon
    I say go with the Ultra. Someone else got a new one on this forum, "New Boat" ...what's the link???

Skaterfast
    I beleive it should go in this order.Generaly speaking.
    1.How much do you want to spend?
    2.Where are you going to boat?River,big lakes,Ocean?
    3.What kind of seating are you looking for?(do you have 2 kids or 7?)
    4.Depending on who you talk to,performance is a big factor.
    For example if you have 4 kids and are going to be boating on lake Mead you would pick the bigger, better rough water handeling,more seating boat.I would definitely go see the manufactures and spend more than 2 hours at their facilities.Demand a test ride or 2.And last,but not least get it in writing.No fare calling him on Wednesday and saying "I want the fiberglass swim step instead".I would even go as far as holding money from him after you have ran your boat for 2 full days.

rivercrazy
    Out of the 3 your looking at I would choose the Laser. Essex layup and quality are very solid.
    Others you might consider looking into while your at it are Shockwave and Lavey. I'm kinda partial to the Shockwave though. Their 21 Step Skier handles rough water very well and that hull is known for speed

1stepcloser
    Buy an Eliminator.
    They're the best.
    Beacause I said so.

rivercrazy
    1stepcloser:
    Buy an Eliminator.
    They're the best.
    Beacause I said so.
    Don't you mean Checkerminator? J/K LOL!

rivercrazy
    Another recommendation I have is to take a tape measure with you and determine the actual running length of each hull, not inlcuding integrated or bolt on swim steps. That way you can compare apples to apples when you factor in pricing.
    [ February 06, 2003, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: rivercrazy ]

1stepcloser
    rivercrazy:
    Don't you mean Checkerminator? J/K LOL! Right to the checker thing huh? I should have known, although I would have expected that from HH.
    BTW, arent those checkers I see on your Shockwave in your avitar?!?
    Checkers indeed.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast