Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Fiber Valve Covers

P-Money
    Does anyone know where I could get a set of tall carbon fiber valve covers for a BB Chevy?

Sangster
    P-Money:
    Does anyone know where I could get a set of tall carbon fiber valve covers for a BB Chevy?They used to be in Summit Or Jegs.. I was going to get a set and they discontinued them..Call there Tech Line, maybe they can point you in the right direction ..let me know wh at you find..Check this place out, they do alot of Carbon Fiber stuff Here's there site
    [ September 23, 2002, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

P-Money
    Thanks for the help Sangster. I checked out that site and they seem to have everything carbon fiber except valve covers. Do you happen to remember the price Jegs/Summit quoted you? One site I did find was Total Control Products LLC, but these don't look like they are talls. Here's that site: http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/valvecovers.html

Sangster
    P-$$, Those look like the same size as the ones I seen.. If I remember right, They were around $350.00 set for what they called "Tall BBC".. I'll keep an eye outfor them..Are you runnung stud girdels ?

P-Money
    No stud girdels as of yet, but I'm seriously considering them. I'm in the process of getting the motor back together. I stepped up to a 500ci with a 6-71 and I'm thinking that girdels would be a good investment. My main reason for wanting carbon fiber is that the valve covers eventually begin to rust. I've clearcoated and after a while ended up with the same results. I could go with polished aluminum, but I like the look of the carbon fiber covers.

FlatOut4Me
    Just seen these in the new Summit cat. CompCams makes a polymer composite(plastic???)valve cover.
    The ad says they'll clear stud girdles. $60.00pr
    The $$$ is right, I wonder if they're a pile of crap.

Sangster
    I hear ya, I'm running a Carbon Fiber Scoop and was hoping to find valve Covers also..If you find any, let me know......

P-Money
    FlatOut4Me, I also seen those valve cover (color choices of red, blue and black, right?). I don't know if they are crap, but I think they look like crap.
    Sangster, If I find any, I'll let you know.

FlatOut4Me
    P-Money:
    FlatOut4Me, I also seen those valve cover (color choices of red, blue and black, right?). I don't know if they are crap, but I think they look like crap.
    Sangster, If I find any, I'll let you know.your thinkin what i'm thinkin

Kurtis500
    I think the plastic valve covers have a problem with warping under the bolts being torqued. I have heard of this problem from others but havent tried them myself. Composites with glass or fiber are much more rigid than plastics in this case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast