Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remember these????

Mandelon

They still sell them. Anyone ever get some?

HCS
    My daughter wanted Sea-monkeys once. Never bought em.

JetBoatRich
    Not since I was a kid, a few years back we had a strange guy at work. He would order these type things, he bought the monkey's and ordered a ant farm with ants. He put them on his desk,

HCS
    Disposable Pets I guess. wink

JetBoatRich
    HARDCORE-SKI:
    Disposable Pets I guess. wink If you can teach them to do tricks, now that would be cool
    Like at the Flea Circus

FMluvswater
    Yeah. I did. When I was 12. I forgot about the poor little beasties and by the time I did remember the water had all dried up and there were little brown dots stuck to the sides of the fish bowl. There was quite a bit of left over sea monkey food. There are no other uses for sea monkey food. Cute little feeding spoon though. I think the vaccuum cleaner may have found that.

NorCal Gameshow
    i took this from "howsuffworks"
    Sea Monkeys are really a type of brine shrimp, and brine shrimp are an incredibly cool life form. Brine shrimp are naturally found in salt lakes, like the Great Salt Lake in Utah. In a salt lake like this, the water is so salty that the only things living in it are the brine shrimp and certain types of algae on which the brine shrimp feed.
    One of the things that make brine shrimp fascinating is their ability to lay encapsulated eggs called cysts. A cyst can dry out and remain viable for years. If you put brine shrimp cysts in salt water, they hatch very quickly, and the shrimp mature in about eight days. They can grow to be pretty big -- about half an inch (15 mm) long.
    just in case anyone else was curious

HCS
    Sea-Monkey lessons 101.

JetBoatRich
    I feel a lot better knowing about the sea monkeys, I will share my new found knoledge with the kids.

NorCal Gameshow
    the sandbar, not just for entertainment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast