Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 496 ho Bravo x Drive ?????

Sublime
    can I get some feedback on the new bravo x drive with a 496 HO ? anyone have any feedback either way ?
    I am in the process of getting a 27` Advantage Victory and I think I am going with the 496 HO with the bravo X drive so I want to get some opinions on that setup. they are telling me that will run the boat about 66mph...
    What ya think ???

TCHB
    I tested a 25 Advantage with that exact same set up and it ran right at 66 MPH on the speedo.

Mandelon
    Wasn't the 496 having some sooting issues? Specifically dirtying up transoms. Running rich at breakin ??
    I think a programming changed fixed it though?
    [ August 22, 2003, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Mandelon ]

WHIPPED502
    I had a 496 HO with an X drive in a 28 Advantage cat. I would see about 60 MPH with a heavy load. It had 75 care free hrs on it. No more black soot than with the 454 Mag. EFI in my previous boat. I wish I would have stuck with that engine.I would have enjoyed the summer like the rest of you. I had a custom motor built. The project started in Feb. and the boat still has not seen the water with me in it.

nextasex
    It's a great mild set-up. If you are after total performance than step up to the next engine up. I have the 496HO with the 1X and it does the job. Ask them what the boat does using a GPS..
    Frank

Sublime
    has anyone here tried to get more HP out of the 496 HO. what changes can you make to pick up the speed ?

Sublime
    Damn WHipped502, thats a loooooong time to build a motor.. that sucks !!

FIREMAN
    I broke my Bravo X , Too many whole shots and going strait to WOT, I've since learned to roll into the speed and roll out of it. I was told that the 496HO with a re-programed computer and a Procharger would require an XR drive so I upgraded when the one X broke. Warrantee and a couple thousand later I'm happy and safe!

shockwavebd
    108 hours no problems......and I run it hard

FIREMAN
    It doesn'y help when you have a 28 ft Cat.
    That drive and motor package is great for boats under 26 feet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast