Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got rear-ended on the way home

78Eliminator
    I saw stars when she hit me and my back is a little sore but I'll live. The truck's bumper is bent under. What do I do now? I already called her insurance and they were reluctant to even take my claim because she was drinving someone else's car. Am I gunna get a bundle of cash or are they just going to fix my truck?

Jordy
    If you get any money, as a general rule it will be 3 times what your medical bills are. Chances are they will just want to fix your truck and be done with it. Gotta love insurance companies... ugh. Glad your ok bud.

78Eliminator
    jordanpaulk:
    If you get any money, as a general rule it will be 3 times what your medical bills are. Chances are they will just want to fix your truck and be done with it. Gotta love insurance companies... ugh. Glad your ok bud. Thanks. The lady was more concerned that she was late for a meeting. She had a 2.5 karat ring on.

Jordy
    Should have just taken her ring and called it even.

BigDogIvan
    Good luck on getting it situated and your truck fixed. I on the other hand have to deal with a dumb sap that had no insurance when he hit me back around the first of november. If I go through my insurance and he does not pay up, My insurance will go through the roof reguardless I have been paying uninsured/underinsured. burningm
    BD

hd&boatrider
    I am going thru that right now because of my motorcycle crash. A friend of mine on a bike 2 weeks ago got hit on the 405 fwy at night from a rear end impact and she was thrown and hurt pretty bad. The friggin' driver of the car just drove off and did not stop. No witnesses. Count your lucky stars that you were not hurt worse and that the woman had insurance. The truck can be fixed. Probably they will pay for the medical bills, fix your truck and offer you a settlement. If I were you I would contact and attorney, however if you are not really hurt save the 30-35% atty fee and deal with it yourself and the insurance company.
    Hope you feel better.

Jordy
    Hey Ivan, your uninsured and underinsured only cover your medical bills if you're hit. The vehicle damage is all covered under your comprehensive coverage, also the highest on your premium breakdown. If you have good health insurance through work you really don't need to beef those two up.
    Every time my truck has been hit its been by some jackass with no insurance, and everytime they leave me holding the bag.

missboatnam1
    wow, at least your ok!!! defenitly go get checked my a doc tomorrow, things could start happing to your body days from now!!..and its good to have it on record for the ins company!!
    good luck!! smilespi

78Eliminator
    Well, my poor truck is no longer a virgin. Guess someone was bound to "break" her in.

Slick
    YOU DUMBASS!!!!! Being the prince that you are, I'll bet you jumped out of the truck, walked to the gal that hit you and asked "are you okay?" eek! What you should have done is poured yourself out of the truck and crawled to safety screaming in pain and agony for an ambulance. Now we're talkin' new boat.
    Glad you're presumably okay. Regardless, go see your general practitioner before even thinking about going to a Chiroqwackter. It'll help with any future claims if you have a recommendation.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast