Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake San Antonio

WopOnWater
    Whats the word on this lake good or bad??

SoCalOffshore
    good lake and right around the corner from Nacimiento.

WopOnWater
    I heard about gangs there

miller19j
    WopOnWater:
    I heard about gangs there I go there all the time and have never seen or heard of any gang activity.

joe
    I think one of the best lakes for camping and boating nothing beats haveing your boat beached 5 feet from your campsite

Moneypitt
    Not sure about now, but up until a couple of years ago, this was one of the best lakes to go if you like to be left alone to enjoy boating. Never hassled for speed or noise, not crowded except for holiday weekends, great showers, evening glass off, "run what ya brung" center of lake races. Only caution is in the camp grounds. Local cops cruise around, which can be a good thing, or not, so be cool. All together a good place to go, one of my favorites..Moneypitt

SoCalOffshore
    I am heading to Nacimiento the weekend after this. Nacimiento has the "Narrows". jawdrop

sandblasted
    Gangs? At San Antonio? maybe only gangs of kids in Malibu ski boats!!..
    actually, they use to have a gang problem at Naci and San Antonio a few years ago but the county sheriff put their foot down and stopped that. Now the park rangers come by the campsites at 10pm and if you are too loud or your music is loud you're reminded that it's quite time...
    As far as camping goes San Antonio is way better than Naci...
    There are 2 completely different areas, the North Shore and south shore...North shore is great if you want to be right on the water with your boat 10 feet offshore..The downside is that everyone camps on top of each other...so you can hear the toilet flush in the rv next to you!
    The south shore has a great campsite that is about 1/4 mile from 1 ramp and about a mile from a really nice ramp that rarely has a line. What I like about the south shore is that you can play on the water all day but when you get back to camp it's a real campsite...You have alot more private area around you so you don't have to listen the guy in the next tent over fart all night..Usually when you wake up in the morning there are deer and wild turkeys strolling thru the camp area...the downside is that there are wild pigs also and they will try to get into your coolers or food containers at night...Damn Pigs!

WopOnWater
    Thanks for all the info everyone. One of the guys from work is going this weekend and he was told there was lots of gang activty and police/securty all over the place. I will let him know that its all good and not to worry. Thanks again everyone.

mike37
    WopOnWater:
    Thanks for all the info everyone. One of the guys from work is going this weekend and he was told there was lots of gang activty and police/securty all over the place. I will let him know that its all good and not to worry. Thanks again everyone. There is some gang activity on Labor Day & Memorial Day
    Lots of police to
    Butt on a normal weekend no problem lots of family activity going on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast