Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevy vs. Ford Diesels

Stoked
    I am about ready to sell the dually and am seriously considering a Diesel. I have never owned a Ford but the new ford 4X4 crew cab sure looks nice. However I prefer the interior on the Chevy's. I have spoken to the owners of both trucks and they love them both. Any opinios?
    Thanks Steve

HammerDown
    Heres a great site for Ford Diesels that I'm always on(www.thedieselstop.com)...I'm a owner of a Ford Diesel from 1988, Great truck,looks and rides like new never let me down, ever. Aside from the usual things like brakes, mufflers, and such, the integrity of the truck is still rock solid!
    I've been hearing so-so things about the Duramax motors, the Alison trans is great but not enough reason to by a Chevy Diesel...at least not for me. And the look of the new Chevy with its slanted eyes look...well, I'll just leave that one alone.
    As far as Dodge, I can take it or leave it, I've been in alot of them and to me they just feel cheap and problematic...And especially with what I've seen with my neighbors late model 99 Dodge truck with only 20 thousand miles its always causing him some king of Aggravation (not the motor)....but I like the idea of a inline 6 Diesel Cummins motor with less moving parts, but the truck around it isnt for me.
    For the longest time I've been a Union Teamster auto hauler...so I drive everything, and as well talk to alot of dealerships and see whats being fixed or what the secret issues are with most vehicles...for a Diesel truck its Ford...hands down.
    Sorry no comments about the imports from me...I'll never own ANY vehicle with a Foreign yuk name plat...even if its built in MY Country!...but thats another subject.
    The above comments are just my opinions...nothing more or less.

hot_diggity_dog
    I am about ready to sell the dually and am seriously considering a Diesel. I have never owned a Ford but the new ford 4X4 crew cab sure looks nice. However I prefer the interior on the Chevy's. I have spoken to the owners of both trucks and they love them both. Any opinios? Buy a Dodge
    HDD

OOfatso
    Yo,
    Buy a Chevy!!!! Duramax is awesome!!!!
    "OO"fatso
    eek!

hot_diggity_dog
    Yo, Buy a Chevy!!!! Duramax is awesome!!! Hey OOfatso,
    I'll race you in that Awesome Duramax in my Dodge!
    HDD

San Diego
    Just got my new Chevy with the Duramax/Allison combo and can't drive it enough. Boy is it quite! Interior is extemely nice as well. Just depends on personal preferences.

Jrocket
    HammerDown:
    Heres a great site for Ford Diesels that I'm always on(www.thedieselstop.com) Are you a member over there? Do you use the same name?

HammerDown
    Jrocket:
    HammerDown:
    Heres a great site for Ford Diesels that I'm always on(www.thedieselstop.com) Are you a member over there? Do you use the same name? Sorry to say no...someone else has it ...never see it used though!...HammerDown is mine on all my other sites .
    [ February 21, 2003, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

HammerDown
    Stoked, ya might want to hold out until Ford comes out with there new 6 liter Diesel...its also going to be used in there 04 250 trucks.
    Could be something to consider...I'm pretty sure there new F250 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6'bed will be my new Truck.

Snowboat
    If you're going to buy a diesel tow vehicle, you want a crew cab. Ford's have the most room, especially in the back. I'm waiting for a Ford with a Cummins and an Allison.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast