Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LA Marathon

Beer Factor
    Did anybody else run it yesterday? My condolences to the families of the 2 runners that died during the race. I guess they were both former law enforcement officers. It made sick to my stomach when i ran by one of them down on the 22nd mile. They were trying to resesitate him but i guess it didn't work.

Beer Factor
    You made it the entire way? How did Shiela do? Good job. I couldn't do that
    We both made it in 5:34. Not my best time, but i'm getting old. I wanted to be in the 4's but only 3 months training, not enough.

Tom Brown
    That really blows that someone would lose their life going for such a fantastic personal goal.
    Kudos to them for going after their dreams. It's too bad for the families. Maybe it will help knowing they lost someone who was doing it right.

Steamin' Rice
    Congrats on the finish. I am currently training for the rock 'n roll marathon in June..

Beer Factor
    I am impressed....with Shiela's time....lol JK Good for you guys Ross. Is this why you weren't drinking on Friday? I can just see you two crossing the finish line while holding hands
    The only reason why we'd be holding hands is her dragging me across the finish line. She's animal. And ya i only had one drink since i knew i'd be feeling plenty of pain, let alone having any alcohol in my system.

Midlife Advantage
    The only reason why we'd be holding hands is her dragging me across the finish line. She's animal. And ya i only had one drink since i knew i'd be feeling plenty of pain, let alone having any alcohol in my system.
    Hell, I am impressed they did it.period. Time would not have been a factor for me! more like, how many CPR stops in the first mile :cry:
    Congrats again. Has the real pain/cramps set in yet?

Beer Factor
    Hell, I am impressed they did it.period. Time would not have been a factor for me! more like, how many CPR stops in the first mile :cry:
    Congrats again. Has the real pain/cramps set in yet?
    A little stiff but i'll live. How's the dog bite? My guys were talking about it today and they said it was the worst they've ever seen. Did you go to the dr?

Midlife Advantage
    A little stiff but i'll live. How's the dog bite? My guys were talking about it today and they said it was the worst they've ever seen. Did you go to the dr?
    YUP, got a tetanus shot in the arm. they said I should find the guy and ask for the dogs vacc records to confirm he is up to date in everything, especially rabies. that way I dont have to get THOSE shots! :yuk: So when I get outta here I am gonna look for him in the hood.
    It doesn't hurt or anything, just gettin uglier than hell....

Beer Factor
    YUP, got a tetanus shot in the arm. they said I should find the guy and ask for the dogs vacc records to confirm he is up to date in everything, especially rabies. that way I dont have to get THOSE shots! :yuk: So when I get outta here I am gonna look for him in the hood.
    It doesn't hurt or anything, just gettin uglier than hell....
    It was already uglier than hell. You better find that guy and bring a club so that dog don't come in for another meal. :cry:

Beer Factor
    Congrats on the finish. I am currently training for the rock 'n roll marathon in June..
    Good luck! that's gonna be a hot one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast