Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Busted....

Jbb
    Drunk Lake Patrol Arrested (Post #1)
    TAHLEQUAH -- An on-duty Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper was charged Monday with operating a Department of Public Safety vessel and carrying a firearm while intoxicated on Fort Gibson Lake, records show.
    He registered a blood-alcohol content of 0.14 after being detained from his Lake Patrol assignment Sunday at Paradise Cove in Cherokee County, First Assistant District Attorney Monte Strout said.
    The legal limit for operating a vessel is 0.10, two-hundredths higher than the standard for driving an automobile, Strout said.
    Dancer was detained and then released Sunday following an OHP administrative investigation.
    Prosecutors filed misdemeanor counts Monday of operating a vessel under the influence of alcohol and possessing a firearm while under the influence of alcohol, records show.
    The trooper, whose bail has been set at $5,000, is expected to surrender to the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office, Strout said.
    A 15-year member of the OHP, Dancer has been placed on paid administrative leave, OHP Lt. Brandon Kopepasah said.
    I thought some of you that have been stopped by the patrol for alcohol might like to see this.
    [ August 12, 2003, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: JETBOAT BRIAN ]

Kilrtoy
    Where are all the people crying foul now. LET HIM GO. He was driving safely..
    Guess what life sucks to be him and he will get it worse than anyone else....

little rowe boat
    What he did was wrong. He screwed up big time,unfortunately for him and his family he is going to lose his job. cry

Boatcop
    The trooper, whose bail has been set at $5,000, is expected to surrender to the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office. Hmmm. Seeing how the wife is a registered Cherokee, I wonder if she'll consider going back to the (forced) homeland. Looks like they have an openeing there.
    Seriously. It's incidents like this that gives us all a black eye. I just hope the trooper gets some help. It's ptretty clear he has some problems.

little rowe boat
    I agree he does need help.Hopefully his dept. has some kind of program to help him through this. cry

twistedpair
    I always knew the cops drank all the alcohol that they confiscated, but I guess I figured it was after hours. wink

HOSS
    Yeah he needs help. Like relieving him of that ****in` check he`s still getting. New someone with UPS. They didn`t get a paycheck. If he hasn`t busted others that were borderline than I feel sorry for him. But he probably has sent alot of people to jail for DUI. **** him. I`m not putting a gun to his head and forcing him to be a cop. He took the oath. He took the taxpayers money. Now he can go take a dump in a stainless toilet. ****in` prick.

little rowe boat
    He did screw up and their is probably nobody out there that knows that better than him. Should he be disciplined ? Absolutely. People make mistakes and believe it or not police officers make mistakes also. I believe the discipline should fit the crime. Is this a first offense or is this an ongoing problem,all facts should be considered before any discipline is handed down by his dept.

HOSS
    Pal you gave him the power to arrest you for the same offense. You gave him the badge. Shouldn`t he be responsible with it. Again I am not telling him that he HAS to be a cop for a living. I`m not and don`t want to. I have friends that are. If they did this I`d say Duddley ****in` Do Right Can`t do no wrong! So what the **** are you doing shit wrong for. And he is still getting his check.
    I have had DWI`s. Yeah little row boat, the next day I knew I did wrong. But guess what! No one gave a ****. Especially the cop(s) that busted me.

Tom Brown
    HOSS, it would be so nice if you would make an effort to get along with others.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast