Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New California Noise Laws

Essex502
    The full text of the bill in question is below:
    AB1555
    The good news is that the newly revised sections of the law won't be in effect until January 2005!

mbrown2
    Has anybody ever had their twin 300x outboards tested? I am wondering if they are over the limit...not sure what I can do for mufflers on these

OGShocker
    Essex502:
    AB1555
    The good news is that the newly revised sections of the law won't be in effect until January 2005! I am NOT busting your nutz here, but WHERE IS THE GOOD NEWS? This is one more attack on our lifestyle. This POS should have been dragged for the governors mansion by his heals on October 8, 2003. What employer (besides government) fires someone then lets them stay in the job long enough to screw with those he figures cost him his job. What Joe Davis is doing borders on vengence! My .02

Boatcop
    BoatCop, do you think any boat with a big block and through transom exhaust can pass the new requirements?
    The "new" California law is based on a more accurate testing method. I haven't seen any side by side studies of how the new method compares with old one, but if I hear of, or find one, I'll let everyone know.
    It's hard to say which engine/exhaust combination will or won't pass. All I know is that unless or until Arizona adopts the new SAE standard, I won't be able to attend any training on it.

Mandelon
    But the San Bernardino and Imperial Valley cops can enforce it on the lake and the river, no? On either side from what I have read here.

77charger
    RiverDave:
    BoatCop, do you think any boat with a big block and through transom exhaust can pass the new requirements?
    2ndly do you think any boat with OT's can pass them?
    I've been told on both accounts that neither can, but as always it's just the "word on the street."
    RD RD i think we are safe with the thru hub exhaust.Just got to watch the radio noise i heard it gos ast the 86db limit

Havasu Hangin'
    77charger:
    ...Just got to watch the radio noise...An interesting choice of adjectives for the Riverdave CD collection...

SUPERCREWJOHN
    It is unbelievable what that douche bag is has signed now that is he is a Lame Duck Governor. I would like to know how much Enron money greased his pockets to look the other way on that one as well.
    Let's not get started on drivers licences for Illegal Aliens and Free school tution for them too.
    How he managed to get these things signed is beyond me.
    This noise legislation is just one more sign that he is an intergalactic idiot, and $$$ Sierra Club dollars that greased his pockets probably pushed thing along.
    I believe in a case of a recall, his legistaltive powers should be revoked so that he can not pass anything maliciously!! We should keel haul that Gay Davis

Essex502
    OGShocker:
    Essex502:
    AB1555
    The good news is that the newly revised sections of the law won't be in effect until January 2005! I am NOT busting your nutz here, but WHERE IS THE GOOD NEWS? This is one more attack on our lifestyle. This POS should have been dragged for the governors mansion by his heals on October 8, 2003. What employer (besides government) fires someone then lets them stay in the job long enough to screw with those he figures cost him his job. What Joe Davis is doing borders on vengence! My .02 OG....Good is relative to bad...at least we have 14 more months to do something about it like buy mufflers. frown

OGShocker
    Essex502:
    OG....Good is relative to bad...at least we have 14 more months to do something about it like buy mufflers. (They gave me enough time to hide.... sell my guns. wink I guess I should be happy they are giving us time to move to Utah.
    I will be leaving the land of my birth. frown

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast