Thread: Dustin or anyone with Whipple system

XLGPP
    I have side mount Whipple on HP500 efi. Anyone figure out a fix on the throttle body flange that doesnt seem to seal properly?... Im getting shit all over the inside top of my hatch and the motor. I have heard that this has been common and that damn seal is almost impossible to get to, I know someone on here has figured something out. I hope.
    yes I know I posted this in the Blower thread, but I know this one gets more activity.
    thanks
    Aaron

Whipple Charged
    It's not a common thing, sometimes the outside bolts are bottoming out so I would pull one out to check the end of the bolt to see if it's bottoming out. It only does it under full load because thats when the SC has it's greatest load, it pulls the SC down and tries to pull that intake off, so if the bolt is not completly tight, it will allow it too leak. Only other option is to brace the front plate to the block to stop the flex.
    It also needs RTV silicone.
    Thanks,
    Dustin

XLGPP
    Dustin thanks, problem with checking the bolts as you know is getting to them. Everything has to be pulled off and the bolts are internal. I was just wondering if there was a quick easy fix without looking too bad, like a ford being held togather by bailing wire.

Whipple Charged
    I was refering to the two outside bolts, that should be the side where its leaking. Temporarily, you can put a light bead of black rtv silicone at the mating surfaces, this will only be temporary, but it will clean it up a bit. Has to dry 12 or so hours.
    Thanks,
    Dustin