Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Rod

Jose
    Has anyone heard of a boat manufacture by the name "Water Rod". If so, what do you know, and or think of thier boats?

mbrown2
    Don't know much about their boats, but here is there website..http://www.waterrod.com/
    I have seen one of their 27ft cats run in Parker, and I thought it ran kind of wet. Not sure how it was powered, but it did not appear to get up on top and run quick/loose.

playdeep
    Thier v-bottoms are built from the old Virage molds.
    The cat they sell looks alot like the aftershock cat.

24RODjr
    I have to chime in here.
    If I am wrong I apologize, but....
    I saw a group of guys out at Peris a couple of years ago and they claim to have purchased the old Virage molds, and were starting a new company "WaterRod." They had stickers all over their boats, business cards and the whole 9 yards.
    Anyway...their boats looked nice, until they got them in the water. These guys were having all kinds of problems...didn't start, etc. Not to mention they were SUPER rookie at trailering (they definately would have had the crowd going at site 6).
    Long story short, they seemed damn new to boating, let alone building boats. I would do ALOT of research before buying one of their rigs.
    If the guys that I saw at Peris two years ago were not partners in WaterRod, I stand corrected.
    -Chris

miller19j
    RiverDave:
    rather Niggardly. (That is not a racial slur, if ya don't know what it means look it up)
    RD Niggardly= ungenerous, stingy, meager
    Had to look it up. wink

superV
    Did anyone read thier site.So they claim to be the best, fastest boat on the market! Humm I wonder if the crack and pipe come with the boat or is that extra! I would love to see them next to a DCB...

superV
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by RiverDave:
    [QB] Well after looking at all the pictures on there site all the boats seem to be "plowing" through the water instead of getting up and on top of it.
    Huu he said plowing and getting on top of it

24RODjr
    BUWAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA...That's the boat that was sideways at the ramp on lake Perris!!!!
    Funny Sh!t...especially since the guy was claiming to be the owner!!! HEHEHEHEH

24ROD
    I guess that HTM, Eliminator, DCB, Hallett, Howard, Cole, Carrerra, All better watch it because these Guys are definatly going to take over I remember seeing these guys out at Perris too if I recall I was realy impressed sleeping sleeping

BALLSDEEP
    I had a pretty funny story… Somehow the owner (I think his name was Scooby….no joke) of the company got my name and was really trying to sell me his boat. He went on and on how he was in the navy and how he had all of these certifications in navel boat engineering, and that he had one of the best boats out on the market. The guy hounded me for about 6 months and was really trying to sell a boat. In fact he said he would make me a killer deal on one just in time for the boat show I finally told him to shove his boat up his ass, and don’t bother anymore. One weekend we saw a bunch of water rods at lake Mojave. It was there regatta. It was quite funny to see “the rookies” backing down the hot pink or yellow and gold boats down the launch ramp. Rolling in their Escalades in gold plated 25’s blaring Snoop!!! And to top it all off, they had one of the BBQ’s I have ever seen full of chicken and ribs…. No joke

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast