Thread: help deciding which u-joint I have

NavalOfficer
    Hello
    Need help finding what universal I have and where to get one. Standard looking h-bar driveline. Does not seem to match 1310 or 1350? I don't have a caliper, all measurments are rough:
    - 7/16 mount bolts like a 1350
    - just over 3 1/4 in wide measuring at outer clip. 3 1/8 cap to cap.
    - 1 1/4 cap width.
    I appears to be to narrow for 1350 and caps to wide for 1310? Just a standard H-bar driveline from Berkeley drive from a Ford 460. This is so frustrating, finally have the engine and pump overhauled and ready to install - now waiting on this! any advice?
    Frank

Moneypitt
    Simple, take an old one to an auto parts store. Any experienced counterman will find the right ones, no problem..........MP

NavalOfficer
    Thank you, thought the same myself - tried NAPA and two others local and no joy. sux.

Moneypitt
    Is this a case of "we don't have boat parts" or just some lazy %&*# that won't take the time to do a little work......Next ask for an actual parts catalog, not the computer, look in the back and you will find a size listing for the u joints. With one in your hand, and a dial caliper you can find the right ones. (The catalog would of course be for u joints and drive line componants.)I'll also venture a guess that Rexone can tell you the #s off the top of his head..........................MP

GofastRacer
    "auto parts store". "experienced counterman"
    Dude what fkn planet do you live on, I want to move there!..

GofastRacer
    Hello
    Need help finding what universal I have and where to get one. Standard looking h-bar driveline. Does not seem to match 1310 or 1350? I don't have a caliper, all measurments are rough:
    - 7/16 mount bolts like a 1350
    - just over 3 1/4 in wide measuring at outer clip. 3 1/8 cap to cap.
    - 1 1/4 cap width.
    I appears to be to narrow for 1350 and caps to wide for 1310? Just a standard H-bar driveline from Berkeley drive from a Ford 460. This is so frustrating, finally have the engine and pump overhauled and ready to install - now waiting on this! any advice?
    Frank
    It's all standard stuff just take it to your local "Driveline Service" and they will match it up for ya!..

Squirtin Thunder
    I can send you my drive shaft to use till you get yours figured out.

sanger rat
    If you have a Car Quest in town. They can get it. I went through this last summer. I had to get it from the warehouse but they stock it.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Here in Wichita Ks, I go to PDS (Power Drive Services) which specializes in commercial stuf. They have (or can make) Morse cables (not steering), take them a u-joint & they'll size-match it, hydraulic lines, etc.

NavalOfficer
    thank you!!!!!!!!!!
    headed to Driveline Service when they open this week! Your advice is very much appreciated!
    Frank