Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help.............whats

fat rat
    The wife got an invite to a barb-q downtown tomorow....the invitation says casual. My question is whats concidered casual now a days? I know for me it's shorts and a T. I've heard different from some friends. Whats your opinion?

Phat_Kat
    fat rat:
    The wife got an invite to a barb-q downtown tomorow....the invitation says casual. My question is whats concidered casual now a days? I know for me it's shorts and a T. I've heard different from some friends. Whats your opinion? No shirt no shoes
    Try a hawiian shirt if you like'em and maybe some blue jeans. I don't know much about this stuff cause I almost never wear a shirt and I throw shorts on that go almost to my ankles and say "they look like pants." But MissPK always shoves me a hawiian Shirt with a similar plain underneath and some black pants(I look good in black).
    Just my 2 bits

uvindex
    I think it partly depends on where you live. At the beach or in Havasu, t-shirt and shorts are fine for casual. Your signature says DC, however. My input is that a casual BBQ in DC would be same as you'd wear on a nice golf course -- collared shirt and decent shorts. But hey, I'm no Martha Stewart!
    Have fun.

Tom Brown
    Here's my opinion:
    If it's a public event, casual means anything in which you won't get arrested.
    If it's a private group of some sophistication, such as a professional association, casual would probably mean a shirt with a collar (golf shirt, etc.) and a pair of non-denim pants (dockers, etc.).
    It varies with the group. I'm in a club in which casual means dress pants and a dress shirt, semi-formal means a suit (2 piece is OK, though), and formal means a tuxedo.
    It's all about the group.
    -- Tom

Tom Brown
    Fat rat, you may find this helpful...
    If you spill some wine on your shirt, you can moisten a napkin with club soda and blot the garment to prevent staining. Don't forget to rinse thoroughly when you get home.
    [ June 27, 2003, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Tom Brown ]

HOSS
    And make sure you wipe your butt!

Moneypitt
    Casual: Boots and boot cut jeans, Dressed up: Boots and boot cut jeans. If you are a smoker wear a shirt with a pocket, a T shirt with a pocket is Ok, as long as it a T shirt with a statement about who you are, what you like, or where you're coming from.....My 2 cents...Moneypitt

RiverToysJas
    Pasties and Thong for your wife, Chaps and a cowboy hat for you. That's casual!!!
    RTJas

fat rat
    Thanks for all the advice........I'll let you know how it goes. It's suppose to be a really nice day.........I'd rather be on the river.

Eric455
    RiverToysJas:
    Pasties and Thong for your wife, Chaps and a cowboy hat for you. That's casual!!!
    RTJas now thats what i'm talking about. have you ever tought about becoming like THE mayor of la. or something?lol make the city worth while.
    eric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast