Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why are customers so F*%#ked up!

oldphart
    Now heres the contractors side. The call says the lady wants a driveway, so ya make an appointment, meet her and ask what she wants. Well she waves a picture from house beautiful for the entrance to a 20 million dollar mansion. You explain that that is a stamped, colored, seeded, stained and sealed process and her driveway will cost $11,000.00. She shits and tells you her brother in law got someone to do the EXACT same thing for $1200.00. After writing the estimate, surveying to make sure it drains and explaning the permit process you leave knowing that though she just blew 3 hrs of your time youll never hear from her again. You get a call from a customer asking where you are. You get on the radio ask the crew why they havent gotten to the next job and they tell you that the 4 hour job you sent them on has "while your here'd" into a 3 day job. Anybody that thinks a contractor is screwed up is welcome to ride with me for a day.

jlnorthrup122
    I just love those WEEEEELLLLL IIIIIII DUUUUUNNNNOOOOO for sure what do you think, okay letme getmy sisters husbands brothers unkles opinion on this he does this for a living! WELL THEN WHY THE **** ISN'T HE DOING IT FOR YOU AND GIVING YOU A BREAK ON COST because no one can stad you!

Mandelon
    Ya got that one right.
    "My buddy can do it for a lot less....." Sure he can. But we'll charge even more to come and fix it after he's done....
    Make the appointment, go to the house...30 minutes each way....no one home......

Kilrtoy
    Wow this is a spin off of my thread. I didnt make the rules, the contractors did. He said 1 day and this is the price, after he surveyed the job. I agreed, paid and expected him to do what he said he could. They are f#@*D up. Plain and simple.
    Now if I said a 11,000 driveway, that my babies momma's uncle next store neighbor auntie sister inlaw brother could do for 1,200. That would be different.

oldphart
    nother good one " contractor X said he could do it for half yer price. well why didnt you get him to do It? well he's to busy. Hell lady if I was too busy I'd do it for 1/4.

oldphart
    The welfare dept said I had to get 3 written bids before they'd give me the money. Yeah I'll hold my breath till I hear from you

oldphart
    I don't have any plans but I can draw what I want here in the dust with a stick! Ive been a general Engineering Contractor with Concrete, Asphalt, Underground, Demolition and Dirt moving crews for 35 years so I guess I just got jaded. The best thing the contractors board did for us was when they made it mandatory to have a special license to work for home owners. now we just tell em sorry we don't have a home improvement endorsement

jlnorthrup122
    Wow this is a spin off of my thread. I didnt make the rules, the contractors did. He said 1 day and this is the price, after he surveyed the job. I agreed, paid and expected him to do what he said he could. They are f#@*D up. Plain and simple.
    Now if I said a 11,000 driveway, that my babies momma's uncle next store neighbor auntie sister inlaw brother could do for 1,200. That would be different. I ain't doggin yah man your alrite bro. I have had some ****ed up customer expeiriences in my day and to tell you the truth the main reason I am not self employed anymore is that my old partner ****ed us out of 2 huge jobs these jobs were the biggest in the last 2 years. So don't think that I am implicating you in this Your cool man I would be a little upset to in your shoes!

MagicMtnDan
    My Dad has a custom furniture business and he deals with all kinds of f'd up customers. They'd pick their own laminate colors from chips, they'd sign the order, his shop would make the furniture and weeks later deliver it and the customer would say, "that's not the color I picked (or that's not the way I expected it to look)." There's no pleasing many people and they think that when they're spending money it means they get to abuse you as well as have unrealistic expectations.
    The trick to maintaining your sanity is getting as much as possible in writing - get the customer to sign off on everything. It's not a guarantee but it will help you from killing them or yourself.
    [ July 21, 2003, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: MagicMtnDan ]

mike37
    I just want the wall moved over a little $2000 thatÂ’s too much
    My brother said you could just knock it out and move it in an hour
    Well lady that wall holds up your roof and if you just knock it out it will fall down

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast