Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yuma, Az

amorgt
    looking for insight about Yuma, Az? any info that you can provide "good" or "bad" about living there. thanks

HCS
    Go check out www.yumaarizona.com

amorgt
    thanks for the link, but looking for something with a bit more of a personal touch from someone who currently lives in yuma or has visited for some time. the generic web links don't offer a whole lot. again thanks

Her454
    Lived there for 15 years, what exactly do you want to know?

shockwaveharry
    Her454:
    Lived there for 15 years, what exactly do you want to know? What took you so long to move? wink

Her454
    shockwaveharry:
    Her454:
    Lived there for 15 years, what exactly do you want to know? What took you so long to move? wink Funny Hey, theres the river and the dunes,
    Havasu's only a couple hours away, SD's not too far. El Golfo, Mexico is close.... Oh yea, when the bars close in Yuma you can go across to Calif and party for another hour!
    [ October 02, 2002, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

shockwaveharry
    Her454, I'm just foolin...
    Actually, I'm looking forward to going down there next year since I've never been. How would you classify the River down there? Rocky? Sandy? Shallow? Beaches? Sandbars?
    Thanks!

Her454
    If you go, check out Martinez, I like that for boating, but I havent been in quite ahile. You might ask HBJet, I think he and his other half go down often. BUT, if your into 4 wheeling or just wanna get away for a weekend I recommend El Golfo. Its not far from Yuma and its some of the best beach you will find anywhere. Just be cautious and dont *&^% with the locals and you'll be just fine. BTW, hope things worked out ok with your boat, insurance crap etc.

amorgt
    ANYTHING ABOUT THE COMMUNITY IN GENERAL. IS THE CITY ALIVE OR A SLEEPER, BOATING, SURROUNDING POINTS OF INTEREST, ETC.. THANKS

rude235
    i just moved from there about a year ago. there isn't much to do there unless you have water or sand toys. pretty much all points of interest are out of town. you are about 3 hours from SD, 3 hours from phoenix, 5 from vegas, 30-45 minutes from the river. there real estate prices are very reasonable compared to CA. the river there is like a hot boat mecca for boats 22ft and under! once you learn to read the water you shouldn't really have much of a problem with the sandbars. if i remember right there is something like 60-80 miles of water you run on if the water level is high enough. if you have any other questions let me know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast