Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat Insurance?

Lendon Smith
    Hi guys,
    Just got a quote for the new boat, and man, it is going to cost me about 800 clams a year.
    The old one was only 300.
    Does this sound right to you? The new boat is a 23xs ultra, and I am claiming a replacement value of 50000.00.
    What insurance companies do you guys use? Maybe I can shop around and get a better rate.
    Thanks
    Bundy

TOBTEK
    you should call my guys @ Allstate in Rancho Bernardo. Good Family biz! Call Mike Egan @ 858-487-6111,,,,tell them Toby From BMW sent you
    They are the least expensive BY FAR I was quoted on our new boat. good luck

Holland
    Lendon,
    After hours of research... Believe it or not, my best was State Farm. They also had no area exclusions for use conditions. I am satisfied with the coverage offered. My boat is on an agreed valus of 60,000.00 and my premiun is 455 a year. also, my boat is a 2002 caliber1 with an extreme trailer.
    Good luck. This is one of the crappy sides of having fun. On the same token, try to handle it if there was ever a problem
    Bob

HCS
    These guys do nothing but boats.
    Leisurecraft Insurance Agency.
    (800) 733-5242
    If you call I'm curious if their competitive.
    I pay 440 a year. Complete replacement value.
    My boats not worth as much as yours though.

mud duck
    Progressive gave me a quote this week of $565 per year, and I am still waiting on a quote from USAA (had to go to their underwriting dept for approval). This is for a 1998 Ultra LX open bow. Perhaps I should call State Farm and/or Allstate. I thought American Family was suppose to be cheap too. Oh what a hassle!

Boatcop
    I have to chime in and let everyone know that most insurance companies offer up to 25% discount for completing an approved Boating Safety Course.
    As you're shopping around, ask them if they offer the discount, and then sign up for the next class that's convenient to you.
    Besides getting the discount, you just might learn a thing or three.

Sangster
    Boatcop:
    I have to chime in and let everyone know that most insurance companies offer up to 25% discount for completing an approved Boating Safety Course.
    As you're shopping around, ask them if they offer the discount, and then sign up for the next class that's convenient to you.
    Besides getting the discount, you just might learn a thing or three. I Concure.....

Holland
    Alan is right, the quote I was given or anyone for that matter, is without the saftey course. State Farm takes 50 off the annual premium for having completed the course, they even sent me the book and test to send in.

Lendon Smith
    Hey Holland,
    Whats your liability coverage on your policy?
    My quote was for 300 grand of coverage.
    thanks
    bundy

mtndewdrops
    I shopped AAA, Progressive and U.S. Boat for my 1999 Essex Sterling (Actual Cash Value 35K) and U.S Boat came in the lowest...489 annually. That is with 300K Liability, Uninsured Boater, and towing, fuel spill coverage, $250 equipment, $1500 trailer, $250 deductable on comprehensive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast