Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lifting the Burb!!!

CJ
    I will be lifting my 2002 Suburban in the next couple of months and need some good referrals. I have never lifted an IFS truck so I am still scared of caster/camber issues and the like.
    Any tips/suggestions/referrals in Orange County, CA?

HCS
    Try these guys www.4wheelparts.com

-Nezrik-

jet4fun
    try http://offroadunlimited.com/ they did a 6" IFS lift on my GMC Yukon, it is an RCD lift... everytime someone rides in my truck, or drives it they compliment it on how well it rides and handles, they all say that they cant believe this is a lifted truck...
    i am extremely happy with the lift, and the work that ORU does... my only complaint is that i wish the truck was higher, if i keep this truck i am gonna get ORU's solid axle conversion kit and go with 12" of lift, and sell the old kit

HotHallet
    Lots of options out there. It just depends on how high you want to go. I personally would recommend a 6-inch RCD kit. I work for Truckin' Magazine and these are some of the best engineered kits I have ever seen go on a truck or sport utility. Fabtech also makes a nice lift and California Super Trucks. I would talk to the guys at Dependable Off Road in Anaheim, Custom truck Shop in San Dimas,or Off Road Unlimited in Burbank in regards to the installation. You might be able to run 35's with a 6-inch lift. If you want to go huge contact Bullet Proof suspension and they will set you up with a 12-inch.

XLGPP
    what year is it? super-lift makes the best lift available for chevy's (up to 6") the make a variable 4"-6" lift that is really good. note; you do have to cut off the A-arms and do some welding, but I never had any probs with mine.
    is your suburb 3/4ton or 1/2? I know the IFS is no problem with 1/2 ton, but with 3/4 ton it starts to get a little heavy, but still could be ok.. I have 2001 2500HD with 8" lift, with the 8.1ltr, I cant do any REAL offroading without bottoming out. the 3/4 ton with that heavy ass motor is just too much for IFS.

CJ
    2002 Suburban 3/4 ton
    I will probably put some 35's under it. 36's if I can sneak them by the wife.

Hustler
    Chris is it a 4x4 or two wheel drive? if it's a 4x you can go with a 6" lift and fit 35's under it, if it's a 2 wheel drive your going to need a 6" suspension and 3" body to get 35 or 36" tires under it. I would call off road unlimited in burbank to do the install. Good luck

CJ
    4x4 - I thank you all for the input. I am VERY excited to get this done. I had meant to do it upon purchase but the funds got bilked into other more important things.
    Since when is a new baby more important than lifting your truck.

Hustler
    Since when is a new baby more important than lifting your truck.That depends on who run's the check book

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast