Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lifting the Burb!!!

XLGPP
    on the 4x4 to get 35's to fit, you will prolly have to cut an inch or 2 off the corner of your bumper. depending on the width of tire and rims (10" wheel, 12.5" tire)
    but its not noticeable

cyclone
    1st- the IFS is more than capable of working in the dirt and you can go as high as a 16-inch lift if you like. (companies like Bulletproof, CST, Whiplash etc. make big lifts for your 'burban)
    2nd- you can definately fit 35's under your burban with a 6-inch lift and minor torsion bar adjustment.
    3rd- I have video of me jumping my 01' Chevy 2500HD Crewcab Longbed with an 8-inch CST long travel kit. Zero problems with it. Dont let anyone tell you that you can't offroad your truck with IFS. If you are serious about taking it in the dirt, then look for a lift kit that replaces the stock ball joints with spherical bearings or uniballs (CST makes this kit). The factory ball joints are the weak points in nearly all lift kits on the market.

XLGPP
    (companies like Bulletproof, CST, Whiplash etc. make big lifts for your 'burban)
    Im not trying to argue, BUT what motor do you have in that 2500? I have a whiplash kit on mine with 8.1 ltr, and it hits rock bottom with the smallest of bumps! AND yes it can be done (on a suburban with possibly nothing more than a standard lift kit) BUT on a truck like mine, the lift alone is not enough.. You listed whiplash and I had to weld a bead around the top of the ball joints to keep them from popping out just driving down a paved road. but the whole truck bottoms out real easy. I am not familiar with how heavy the burb front end is, thats why I said it " MIGHT " be a little heavy for the 3/4 ton.

CJ
    Thanks everyone. I chose Outlaw Offroad. Truck going under the knife Thursday!
    RCD lift is what I chose after much discussion. I chose the rims on the top of this picture PICS OF RIM CHOICES
    I'm going with those in 16" as I am not so hip on the latest trend of huge rims on a 4x4.
    I'll snap some shots on Friday. Got the day off so I can waste a whole tank of gas proudly cruising around Southern California!!!!!! I f-n excited!
    -Nezrik-:
    Have a look at http://www.outlawoffroad.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12