Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good deal or bad deal?

THOR
    I have been looking at a 2000, 247 Ultra with a 377 Scorpion. Nothing special outside of the motor which has 166 hours. The dealer wants 47K for this thing that is 3 years old.
    John West quoted me 53K for a brand new 247 with the colors I want and a 496 that makes 50 more HP.
    Am I out of line in thinking this is way over priced?

mike37
    wats that 6k more for new with big block
    insted of small
    go new thats the better deal

mbrown2
    Go new...plus its more to build on if you want more HP later...New and 6K more is a good

Phat_Kat
    THOR:
    I have been looking at a 2000, 247 Ultra with a 377 Scorpion. Nothing special outside of the motor which has 166 hours. The dealer wants 47K for this thing that is 3 years old.
    John West quoted me 53K for a brand new 247 with the colors I want and a 496 that makes 50 more HP.
    Am I out of line in thinking this is way over priced? I'm kinda curious if that's a good price period. The new that is. I'm looking at about $50k for a 22 stealth, depending on what BS I get, for them to drop the motor I bring it. That includes a trailer and they drop the engine I bring in. I'm looking at about $15K for my engine. But then again I'm getting pretty much the same boat that John West has powercoated jet and all. I'm getting a different, lower matinence material for the interior and it's cheaper on top of it all. That sounds good for all the BS imaginable.
    [ June 27, 2003, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Phat_Kat ]

rude235
    thor, i would definitely go with the new one. you'll get the boat YOU want and not colors that someone else picked. plus it will be fully warranted.

SCUBA STEVE
    Come on thor, new is the better deal. What did they teach you at AUBURN? lol
    Serious new does sound like the way to go. The only bad thing is your going to have to wait to get it built.
    [ June 27, 2003, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

Phat_Kat
    rude235:
    thor, i would definitely go with the new one. you'll get the boat YOU want and not colors that someone else picked. plus it will be fully warranted. This is why I'm buying new. I want my own boat because MY boat not someone else's boat sounds better.
    [ June 27, 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Phat_Kat ]

rvrkaosI
    New is better, but Damn, 50 large, I think I may shop around to make sure that is the boat you want....

Kilrtoy
    BOATS are like virgins, only 1 person gets them first.
    GO NEW THOR

Phat_Kat
    rvrkaosI:
    New is better, but Damn, 50 large, I think I may shop around to make sure that is the boat you want.... who ya talkin to? For me it is I'm gonna save up some money and get ahead. My boat is future boat will be fully loaded with almost all the BS they have. I'm looking at about $65K out the door. As for the 25 footer... That's a great deal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast