Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ceiling in my house just collapsed!

rvrkaosI
    Crap! my ceiling has just collapsed in my bathroom!!!! Looks though a cold water pipe of my upstairs bathroom has been leaking internally. The drywall has been soaking like a sponge, and after cutting the drywall roof back, the water just started pooring out! cry
    Looks like a insurance claim now!!!!!

Mandelon
    What about mold???? Is it moldy???

CaptStabin
    Yea, just the thing to do, go post it on a message board. Maybe is was caused by all the fumes?

Boozer
    Why not post it on this message board? I'd say considering that there are a lot of contractors on this board posting it here was a bright idea. I am sure there is someone on these boards that will help him out and take really good care of the problem for him.

ROZ
    Boozer:
    Why not post it on this message board? I'd say considering that there are a lot of contractors on this board posting it here was a bright idea. I am sure there is someone on these boards that will help him out and take really good care of the problem for him. Or atleast get info on how to fix it himself....
    Plenty of info here on the boards

CaptStabin
    Yea, mabye your right. Im sure somebody that has worked on boats and have the mechanical apptitude, could lend some advise.
    But those who bought thier boat and are paying for 30 years and take it to the shop..............bwawawaaaaaaaaaa

XTRM22
    Hey RvrKaos1, What matl is the water line? if it's poly butlyn (sp) there is a national class action suit that might help recover some of the damages that insurance doesn't. Contact a Licensed plumbing contractor after your insurance agent. I believe Mr & Mrs FlyNVee are in that business, but don't know exactly where in relation to you, they might be a helpful source for info though.
    Chuck

BiggusJimbus
    Also,
    Beware of making ANY claim for water damage in the state of Kalifornia. The insurance companies are scared shitless of the mold problems and are treating any water damage claims as poison. Do a little internet searching to find out a bit more.
    If the damage is superficial (Sheetrock and paint), you might consider just doing it. Water claims can double your insurance rates immediately. Can also make it hard for you to get insurance from any carriers.
    http://www.mindfully.org/Industry/Mo...uble6jun02.htm
    http://www.consumerwatchdog.org/insu.../nw002205.php3
    No shit. Be aware.
    Good Luck.
    Jimbus.
    [ July 29, 2003, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: BiggusJimbus ]

rvrkaosI
    Mandelon:
    What about mold???? Is it moldy??? The ceiling is beyond mold, in fact the roof of my bathroom is flexing due to water damage. Assiting the plumber, I cut the drywall to get a head full of water! The water must have been building up and no sign until the drywall just started to flex and give.
    The plumbers are cutting my upstairs floor right now to get to the pipe. Also, they are cutting away in the garage as the pipe follows along the ceiling of my garage.
    I hate this SH*T! Not that I'm doing the work, but the hearing of a guy cutting into my main beam, and the issues with dealing with insurance companies. I should have listened to my wife and bought a new house last year! I'm going to hear it "I TOLD YOU SO"!
    The insurance issue, I think its going to cost plenty for this one! New floors, new ceiling in the bathroom, repair in the garage, definitely more than I have in the bank!

BiggusJimbus
    Sucks.
    But I know how it is.
    Hope it works out for you. Sounds like a mess.
    Fact is, a new house could have similar problems, so she has no beef with you. Sometimes Shit Happens. And sometimes, it's really bad shit.
    Good Luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast