Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scam or Not?

Rubths
    I have had my boat in the hot boat clasified adds for sale and just recieved a relay call on my cell phone from some someone in Nigera Africa that wanted to know my best price. Once we settled on a price the person wanted to send me a cashiers check for the full payment and shipping charges and wanted me to give the shipper the ballance that day. I asked for this person to email me all there contact info as well as the shippers info before I gave them any of my contact info and address to send the payment to and hope to get this email before I leave for the river today so I know if I should drag the boat home.
    What do you all think scam or not?

Dribble
    What was your first clue? Nigeria isn't exactly a hot boat haven.

al cole'holic
    Rubths:
    I have had my boat in the hot boat clasified adds for sale and just recieved a relay call on my cell phone from some someone in Nigera Africa that wanted to know my best price. Once we settled on a price the person wanted to send me a cashiers check for the full payment and shipping charges and wanted me to give the shipper the ballance that day. I asked for this person to email me all there contact info as well as the shippers info before I gave them any of my contact info and address to send the payment to and hope to get this email before I leave for the river today so I know if I should drag the boat home.
    What do you all think scam or not? WTF???

STGP
    Don't even waster your time it's a scam for sure.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Scam

GlastronGuy
    Scam

Boozer
    Probably a scam but you never know.

Ntwotrance
    Without a doubt, SCAM

Rubths
    Forensic:
    Tell them to wire the entire ammount to you account firstI did not want to give out any of my info especially my banking info untill I knew if this was legit

Ntwotrance
    If you do a search on yahoo of "boat buying" and Nigeria and scam, you'll see that it is indeed a scam.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast