Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the world coming to??

This copy and pasted:
    Sleek
    Alabama big-boat ban bill in SenateBill would ban big boats from nine Alabama lakesTHE ASSOCIATED PRESSMONTGOMERY, Ala. - Legislation that would ban all houseboats and many sailboats from nine popular Alabama lakes has upset some boat owners and marina operators.
    The bill, sponsored by Sen. Gerald Dial, D-Lineville, has cleared the Senate Judiciary Committee and the House Agriculture and Forestry Committee. A full Senate vote on the measure could come as early as Tuesday.
    As proposed, it would ban houseboats and other boats, such as sailboats and pontoon boats, that are longer than 30 feet, 6 inches. The ban would include boats with motors of more than 500 horsepower. That could end boat drag-racing events on the lakes.
    The lakes affected are Weiss, Neely Henry, Logan Martin, Lay, Mitchell, Jordan, Harris, Martin and Smith.
    Don Urso, who has lived on a 72-foot houseboat on Lake Logan Martin near Birmingham for 15 years, said the bill caught him off guard.
    "That would mean I would have to either sell my boat or move it to another lake where houseboats are allowed," he told The Birmingham News for a story Saturday. "Who would want to buy it if you can't put it anywhere? Where would I move to if I can't put it anywhere around here? This thing is unbelievable."
    Dial said he sponsored the bill after meeting with Georgia developers who requested such a ban before they would begin development on Lake Harris, which also is known as Lake Wedowee. The lake is in Dial's district.
    He said the lake has no boats that would be banned, and the bill is intended to ensure it stays that way.

centerhill condor
    proving once again, we have the best government that money can buy!

shootingstar72683
    This copy and pasted:
    Sleek
    Alabama big-boat ban bill in SenateBill would ban big boats from nine Alabama lakesTHE ASSOCIATED PRESSMONTGOMERY, Ala. - Legislation that would ban all houseboats and many sailboats from nine popular Alabama lakes has upset some boat owners and marina operators.
    The bill, sponsored by Sen. Gerald Dial, D-Lineville, has cleared the Senate Judiciary Committee and the House Agriculture and Forestry Committee. A full Senate vote on the measure could come as early as Tuesday.
    As proposed, it would ban houseboats and other boats, such as sailboats and pontoon boats, that are longer than 30 feet, 6 inches. The ban would include boats with motors of more than 500 horsepower. That could end boat drag-racing events on the lakes.
    The lakes affected are Weiss, Neely Henry, Logan Martin, Lay, Mitchell, Jordan, Harris, Martin and Smith.
    Don Urso, who has lived on a 72-foot houseboat on Lake Logan Martin near Birmingham for 15 years, said the bill caught him off guard.
    "That would mean I would have to either sell my boat or move it to another lake where houseboats are allowed," he told The Birmingham News for a story Saturday. "Who would want to buy it if you can't put it anywhere? Where would I move to if I can't put it anywhere around here? This thing is unbelievable."
    Dial said he sponsored the bill after meeting with Georgia developers who requested such a ban before they would begin development on Lake Harris, which also is known as Lake Wedowee. The lake is in Dial's district.
    He said the lake has no boats that would be banned, and the bill is intended to ensure it stays that way.
    What happened to FREEDOM and the home of the BRAVE.They sure do a good job scaring people.

blown428fe
    Its getting like that up here too, all the rich stuck-up bastards are buying up all the waterfront and bitching about peace and quite. I blame the rich. Its too bad.

Man that really sucks. It's about par for the course though. Wish I was rich so I could have my very own politician.
    One good thing about the lakes in Arizona. They're all reservoirs on government land and nobody can build on em.

572Daytona
    And just how do they propose to enforce a ban on over 500hp motors? Are the cops going to have portable dynos next to their breathalyzers and radar guns. Even if they make you dyno it after the fact they would still have to prove that you were making over 500hp when they wrote you the ticket.

And just how do they propose to enforce a ban on over 500hp motors? Are the cops going to have portable dynos next to their breathalyzers and radar guns.
    Don't forget the db (noise) meters.
    If they really have the dynos it might just be worth the price of a ticket to get some real horsepower numbers. As long as it's under $600 it'd be a deal to dyno. Wonder if during the process, they'd let you make some jet changes and timing adjustments too? I reckon having them wait on a cam change would be asking too much?

Squirtin Thunder
    Don't forget the db (noise) meters.
    If they really have the dynos it might just be worth the price of a ticket to get some real horsepower numbers. As long as it's under $600 it'd be a deal to dyno. Wonder if during the process, they'd let you make some jet changes and timing adjustments too? I reckon having them wait on a cam change would be asking too much?
    Dan you arew the man.

BigBlockBaja
    Its getting like that up here too, all the rich stuck-up bastards are buying up all the waterfront and bitching about peace and quite. I blame the rich. Its too bad.
    Yup, thats my problem here also. The main reason I had to ditch my OT headers.. Hopefully with the thru hull I wont be pestered as much.

Blown Away
    This does not surprise me at all. It seems everyday more & more of our rights are being "banned". If the Goverment keeps taking our fun away because of their so called concern what and were will we be allowed to enjoy our fruits of our labor? sounds like a bunch of BULL SHIT if you ask me!
    JeaLynn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast