Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battle with the neighbors...

Wet Dream
    Here's the low down on the battle. 506 and 506A are owned by my neighbor/ friend. 510 is my place. The only access I have to my back yard with any vehicle or machinery is through the alleys, that are listed by the borough. He (506) just put in a pool last summer and is going to fence off the alleys to keep the stupid dogs in and the kids out, eliminating my access. Although the alleys are not in use other than what we do, can I keep him from putting a fence up?
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/352Alley-med.jpg[/img]

dcb carrera
    I would think that is an access for the fire department and he can't fence it off.

mike37
    I dont think he can that is an ezment the way it looks look on your deed of trust if you own it tells property lines and ezment for your property
    just my .o2

77charger
    Is there a way that if he goes ahead with it can he be talked into putting up a fence with gates that way he can have his fence but you can still have acces.

Tom Brown
    Have you tried talking to him to see if he'll put some gates in so you and your neighbours can still have your access? Maybe there is a compromise that would make everyone happy. Additionally, having it fenced off like that would keep the riff-raff out of your back yard. If it were my house, I would worry about the criminal element using the easement to loot your joint.

Wet Dream
    Crime is minimal here and fences are few and far between. He did say that there would be gates (locked) and I would have a key, but thats not the point. I have to look at the future when selling the house, would a potential buyer be hesitant if he had to access gates through a neighbors yard? If he fenced it off, would he block it any way so that I can't get through without having to move a bunch of crap? This is the same guy that told me that if I helped him build his shed for the motorcycles, I could keep mine in there too. That lasted less than a year. He moved my bike out and has sat outside all winter long. I just won't be pushed around when it comes to my property.

MJ19
    Curious, could he compromise and put in an eletrical fence system so that you can have access with the push of a button?

Wet Dream
    MJ19:
    Curious, could he compromise and put in an eletrical fence MJ, you're a doll and you've got me laughing once again. If it were that easy, I would have no problem, but the only electrical fence system that he would put in would be hooked up to a minimum of 110volts and would shock the crap out of you if you touched it.

I'd think your deed should have legal reference if that's an access easement to your property. If it is then I'd think he'd not be able to legally put the fence up. That alley seems like it was put there for a reason, otherwise why not just make the lots bigger originally? Just my guess.

Hallett19
    that should be an easement for your property, at least that would be according to CA laws which I think are very similar across the country. A neighbor wanted to fence up an easment that we used to get to the bottom of my dad's yard and he was unable too.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast