Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st public gay high school set for NY

Freak
    NEW YORK, July 28 — New York City is creating the nation’s first public high school for gays, bisexuals and transgender students.The Harvey Milk High School will enroll about 100 students and open in a newly renovated building in the fall. It is named after San Francisco’s first openly gay city supervisor, who was assassinated in 1978.
    http://www.msnbc.com/news/945134.asp?0cv=CB20
    Now aint that something. I'm surprised Cali didn't do it first.
    [ July 28, 2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Freak ]

N:ck
    That's like having an all-girls or all-boys public school! Burn it down!

Freak
    Someone just might.

NOTALENT
    I must say this is uncalled for!!! Its just going to cause more conflict. I personally dont agree with gays but lesbion are cool haha...exept the butches..

HammerDown
    I bet the bath rooms will be busy!

H20 Party Starter
    N:ck:
    Burn it down! LMAO..........right with ya bud
    [ July 28, 2003, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: H20 Party Starter ]

Freak
    HammerDown:
    I bet the bath rooms will be busy! LAMO - I'm gonna puke!

VillainDave
    You think instead of the raising the american fag up the pole I mean flag they'll send up one of those nice little rainbow ones with gold fringe around it!!!

Boozer
    Shit like this pisses me off! burningm
    So you guys feel that these kids are not entitled to this? There are gay people in this world and there are a lot more of them then you guys care to realize. I really feel for those of you with kids. There's a 40% chance that one of your kids will be gay. If gays were openly accepted by people then there would be no need for a school like this but because of people like those of you who feel gays are sick and gays are wrong and their school should be burned down, schools like this have become a neccessity.
    This is a free country is it not? Which stands for freedom of religion and freedom to think for yourself without persecution. You guys want your freedoms imposed on? I sure hope not and if you do maybe you should move to North Korea and live there where you do what you are told and don't have to deal with gays or transgenders.
    These gay kids getting their own schools are your future so you had better respect them regardless because they WILL be your future presidents, bosses, lawyers, doctors, etc.
    I don't think that being gay is right but it is not my job to judge or persecute these people because of their beliefs. It is however my responsibility as a compassionate understanding decent human being to let these people live their lives the way that they choose and not judge them because of it. Who am I to say they are wrong and sick for what they do?
    Until the persecution of homosexuals is stopped I think they deserve their own schools and I think that this should become a trend. I also hope that you narrowminded f*&%^ enjoy picking up the tab on this. Your narrowminded views will be passed on to your children and their views will be passed onto their children and so on meaning more of these schools will be built and you will pay more taxes to support.
    Accept the fact that not everyone is like you and not everyone believes what you do. Until then, pay up because these schools will continue and they will continue to cost you money. Raise my taxes, in my opinion this is a worthwhile cause and I don't mind having to pay for it. I'd rather pay an extra couple dollars a paycheck to know that my fellow American children can go to a school where they will not be judged and will be treated like regualr human beings regardless of their sexual orientation.
    Enjoy

Kilrtoy
    Now aint that something. I'm surprised Cali didn't do it first.
    To late they already have a few in L.A.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast