Thread: Fugg'in Lawyers !!! NFL sued

carbonmarine
    Think about it ... if this case is suceesful, it will have reprocausions across all recreational activities.. I have posted the link & the headlines below for your reading...** I belive its time entrepenureal lawyering be OUTLAWED.
    - Family Sues NFL After Daughter Injured By Drunken Fan
    Rosemarie Arnold, the Vernis' attorney, said the league and the team encourage excessive alcohol use before and during NFL games. "What they do is promote the concept that you can't have fun at a football game unless you're drunk," she said. "Giants Stadium opens four hours before a game. Why? So people can tailgate. The notion of the game is, if you're drunk, you're going to have a good time. Then you leave in your car and drive home
    Full Article : http://www.wftv.com/news/2546148/detail.html

carbonmarine
    One point: out of 70 Thousand people there .... one make s a bad choice and drives home and slams into a family... Thats " 1 in 70,000 "
    I cannot wait to sue the CA Lotto and say its not fair I didnt win the lotto because I was sobber...
    geeeeezzzz.....

THE VIKING
    Well, in DK we often sit back in our couches and wonder if all americans have gone totally bonkeroony with all their lawsuits.
    In this particular case i would say that it would'nt even get to the courtroom, The judge would say that it's a waste of the courts time,scream "dismissed" take off his vikinghelmet and go home.
    On the other hand, we are soft on criminals, so i don't know.
    It can't be anyones problem but their own, if they choose to drink and drive.
    Leave the car, at home, always.
    If you can afford to drink, you can afford a cab too.
    The viking.
    [ October 10, 2003, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: THE VIKING ]

Viking ...great line! You are right if they can afford to drink they can afford a cab!

Dave C
    heaven forbid if we take responsiblity for our own actions if our lawyer can make sure its always someone elses fault if we mess up. wink
    Viking is right... our society is nuts.
    BTW what is a "bonkeroony"??...

Seadog
    It has to do with who has the most money and may be willing to settle out of court. A lawyer is to money like a pig is to truffles.

THE VIKING
    Hello again.
    I have spent a couple of years in GB, Bonkeroony is an english word for nuts or crazy or something like that.
    Now i would'nt say that your society is nuts, each country has their ways of doing things.
    A good example is that in DK it's not illegal to espape from prison!!!!!!
    If you knock down an old lady with a hammer, you will get 3 months in the slammer or so.
    In denmark, the prisoners can strike if they don't want to work!!!
    But your ****ing lawyers are a bunch of bloodsucking dicks.
    The only difference between a lawyer and a used car salesman is that one of them wears a suit, and the other one does'nt.
    And it's way out in the woods if someone wants to sue( sew)???( don't know the spelling, damn)
    NFL for something they can't possibly have any control over or responsebility for.
    Take control of your life before it controls you, i did, works fine.
    The viking.