Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rush fans, check it out!!!

Froggystyle
    Any of you who have Direct TV, there is a Rush "Freeview" this weekend. It plays over and over again on channel 100 or 101, I can't remember which.
    Phenomenal. Geddy Lee is scary looking though. Alex Lifeson has really gotten great at guitar, even though I always consdidered him the weakest link, and Neil Peart... well. He is still the greatest percussionist to ever hit the skins.
    Check it out if it interests you... I reccommend it highly.
    [ March 02, 2003, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: Froggystyle ]

LilFlattie
    Oh Yea, I have watched it twice. NEil Peart id the best.. I stil think that Alex is the weak link..That drum solo just rocks

Froggystyle
    I think that Alex is getting far better though. Geddy is just so tough to look at.
    The man can play bass though, I will give that to him.
    One thing I didn't like was that they changed the normal opener/closer. They almost always opened with "Distant Early Warning" Except for the "Counterparts" tour where they opened with "Dreamline" and suprised everyone. But one thing you knew for certain was that when you heard "Spirit of Radio" the show was over. That was always the last song, during the last encore. They played it right after the drum solo on this on.
    Just shaking it up I guess.
    I would have liked to have heard "Cold Fire" somewhere in there too. That is my favorite Rush song to date.

Rod-64
    I saw them at MGM in vegas last year, and the 1st song was Tom Sawyer....good concert except the volume sucked...not loud enough...Of course, nobody was as loud as Pantera at the HOB in Vegas..that was a lesson in decibal 101...Great show!

sandblasted
    This will show you just how old I am...I saw Rush for the 1st time when I was 15 in 1978...at the Santa Monica civic auditorium...UFO opened for them, when Michael Schenker was still playing guitar with UFO...It still stands as one of the best concerts I've ever been too..
    and I still think "Working Man" is one of their best songs, at least it's one of my favorites!

MikeF
    Is it possible to tape it w/a VCR? Will someone do it?

JetBoatRich
    sandblasted:
    This will show you just how old I am...I saw Rush for the 1st time when I was 15 in 1978...at the Santa Monica civic auditorium...UFO opened for them, when Michael Schenker was still playing guitar with UFO...It still stands as one of the best concerts I've ever been too..
    and I still think "Working Man" is one of their best songs, at least it's one of my favorites! Old Man, we look up to you

Cole
    Neil pert and Chad wackerman..two best drummers ever!!!!Cole

Just Tool'n
    To go way back I saw Rush open for Aerosmith in Fresno in 1977,Man I wish I could party that hard agian!

Raskal
    saw them in az few months back man they are great live .and neal is the man drum solos are awsome
    [ March 02, 2003, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Raskal ]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast