Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat lettering

MUDXPRT
    I live in Corona and was wondering if anyone knew where the best talent is for boat lettering ?

THATJEFFGUY
    Call one of the boat makers out that way and see who they use. A couple years ago when I bought a Commander, they used some guy who did an excellent job on mine, for about $150...he comes to the shop and does it there. Good Luck !

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
    My dad has a shop in Pasadena calles American Instant Signs 626 792 1012 ask for John. He raced in NJBA for about 14 years and lettered all our boats.lHe does good work for a good price give him a call and see what he can do for you.

TrojanDan
    There's a guy out in Riverside named Dave. I believe he owns California Signs and Banners or something or another. I have an appointment with him this Friday to do some name painting on my boat. It's the same guy Laveycraft uses for their customers. He's cheaper if you bring your boat in but he is also mobile. I have his number at work. His quote was very reasonable.

Zuumer
    Pat Kuntz out here is great. He's mobile. We've used him at the shop to do lettering and dock ding repair/paint matching.
    Kuntz Grafix (520)453-5376 or pkuntz@ctaz.com
    Good luck

1stepcloser
    Dave Barr
    California Signs & Graphix
    19068 Clover court
    Riverside, Ca. 92508
    (909)352-0701
    The best in the area. Does the work for many of the custom manufacturers in the area.
    Did my boat, I highly recommend him.

Skaterfast
    Pat Kuntz is my neighbor in Havasu.He'll free hand it in 5 minutes and it will probably look better than any other.

Waldo
    I have a question regarding the "taking off" of existing boat lettering and cf #'s.
    If the #'s and name were painted on, how difficult is it to remove them and put on new ones?
    The reason being; the boat is going to be registered in a diff state and the name on it now sucks!

BILLY.B
    Waldo:
    I have a question regarding the "taking off" of existing boat lettering and cf #'s.
    If the #'s and name were painted on, how difficult is it to remove them and put on new ones?
    The reason being; the boat is going to be registered in a diff state and the name on it now sucks! EZ-OFF oven cleaner, and be carefull not to get any on any anodizing or powder coating as it tends to discolor. Spray some on an area and wait just a few minutes and take a rubber spreader and scrape off the residue. It may take a little while and a couple of times but it should finally come off. If the boat is painted I suggest you mask off the area so no over spray gets to any areas you don't want it to. If the lettering has been cleared to protect any airbrush work you may have to do a little color sanding, so be patient so as not to screw up anything. Then rub out the area.

JAM
    How about a good letter/number artist in the Havasu area? Does anyone have any good referrals?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast