Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Year Ago Thursday, Death Came On Wings

SCUBA STEVE
    Sad story, I havent seeing anything like that just yet, I hope I never have too. I can only imagine what it must be like to experiance it first hand. Safety first, party later. Holiday weekends are not made for speed, save the speed show for the poker runs.

HCS
    78Eliminator:
    My cousin lost her leg when she was 6 years old. She was playing behind the boat with her brother when my drunk uncle started the boat, didn't look behind himself and backed into her. If my aunt wasnt a nurse, she would have bled to death for sure. Her leg was barely hanging on at all and was too butchered to reattach.
    I'm not going to turn this into another drinking and driving thread, but be careful. And for christs sake be extra careful when you have kids around. I personally would never take my kids out on a holiday weekend.... Lucky for me there's places to go around here where there's not a bunch of people.

SCUBA STEVE
    My job also gives us a Basic first aid course for free. I have learned cpr, & some other basic things. I figure knowing just a little bit of something would be better then just standing there doing nothing if a tragedy were to happen.
    Always carry pair of latex gloves with you. Scuba Steves tip of the day.
    [ May 19, 2003, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

LaveyJet
    One of these days I have to tell the story, but not now. I will say this, After a dozen surgeries, I still have two legs , I get around just fine and I don’t wake up screaming anymore. I’ve been lucky enough to get a “Secondchance” and take full advantage to live life at its fullest . Alcohol was not involved. $hit happens. BE CAREFUL!!!
    PS I now own a jet and always will.

HavasuDreamin'
    All I can say is Damn........ frown

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123