Thread: Boat Insurance

THATJEFFGUY
    Hey guys, I've had Westmar insurance for the last 3 years until I saw the thread on here about BoatUS insurance. I filled out the BoatUS online application and got a quote the next morning, it was only $955 a year...almost $250 cheaper than WestMar...and for the same coverage and limits! I called Westmar and told them to cancel me because I found a better rate form BoatUS, which they admitted was their biggest competitor. The WestMar rep asked me to fax over the BoatUS quite and she would see what she could do. After an hour, she called back and said they would change my premium to $965 since I was a "good customer". Of course, I decided to stay with WestMar...less paperwork and hassle. Hey, it's worth a phone call !! That goes to show you what kinda markup there is, and how much they have to work with..try it guys !!

bordsmnj
    good looking out, jeff. I'll think i'll do just that in a month when it's time to get the new ride insured. Are you anywhere near J st. in calimesa? Family owns a place there and off of oak glen above bryant.laters

uvindex
    Hey ThatJeffGuy -- this is very timely info for me, since I just received my WestMar renewal thingie a couple of days ago. I'm going to get a BoatUS quote per your advice.
    Happy Boating,
    CS

THATJEFFGUY
    hey "boardsmnj"..I'm way up in the hills of Calimesa...Ave L and Fremont area.

bordsmnj
    cool, i know where that's at. Howdy neighbor! get any snow the other day?

TrojanDan
    THATJEFFGUY
    That goes to show you what kinda markup there is, and how much they have to work with..try it guys !! ...and it goes to show how valuable these forums can be for info. I've been a memeber of BoatUS for 8 years and have received outstanding service. On top of this, BoatUS mails out a monthly (or maybe it's a quarterly?) newsletter filled with lots of valuable information on safer boating, protecting your investment, tips on navigation and the like, "bonehead" mistakes other boaters have made, etc. Overall, a company dedicated to us boaters.