Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Download Music

spectratoad
    I know this was on here before but I can't find the thread. I wanted to burn some music onto CD. What is a good site since Napster is gone? I can't remember what it is called but it starts with a W doesn't it? Thanks All

TOBTEK
    www.winmx.com im pretty sure

TOBTEK
    yep, that it. I also just bought a new computer just so I can burn music. Let us know how easy it is please....you do have a fast internet service right.

Wet Dream
    kazaalite is great. Pretty much the same thing Napster had. kazaa.com
    [ January 04, 2003, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Wet Dream ]

mbrown2
    kazaa.com and morpheus.com
    Both are easy to use and have a pretty good selection.

spectratoad
    I will give it a try. I am at work so I have some time to learn how to use. Here goes. Thanks for the info. Winmix is what I was thinking of. Thanks again.

twistedpair
    Kazaa is easy to use but it has spyware embedded in it, I've heard a few horror stories about viruses, hackers etc. Kazaalite (if you can find it) is the same thing sans spyware.

TOBTEK
    also, just heard about www.bearshare.com never have used any of these, but SHE say's it easy.

mbrown2
    twistedpair:
    Kazaa is easy to use but it has spyware embedded in it, I've heard a few horror stories about viruses, hackers etc. Kazaalite (if you can find it) is the same thing sans spyware. Never had any problems with hacking or viruses, but it does cause IE and File Manager to behave strangely when using. I only use Kazaa when I cannot find on Morpheus; then I go and use Kazaa with a list of everything I want and do not use the other programs that behave stragely...Kazaa does have better selection though.

GlastronGuy
    spectratoad:
    I will give it a try. I am at work so I have some time to learn how to use. Here goes. Thanks for the info. Winmix is what I was thinking of. Thanks again. Since you say you are at work I am going to throw this into the pot. It is illegal to have mp3s of music unless you also own the CD or the artist distributed it that way. I only mention this so you don't get into any kind of trouble at work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast