Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: another ramp mishap

JetBoatRich
    Mine can "FREE WHEEL" but you have to do it. Somebody thought they were helping out

SCUBA STEVE
    JetboatRich & Mbrown2, I was trying to launch & retrieve w/o getting wet. I went to elsinore couple of times, and did it with no problems. Perris is a different beast. Jet boats are a pain when it comes to retrieving. I was drifting all over the place once I killed to engine, went in side ways on the trailer, paniced because there were other boats on the side of me. I started it up & the "scooper" (I dont know the exact term) got caught on one of the trailer bunkers and I ripped that thing off the trailer! No damage to the boat though. But I did have some fender damage to the trailer. When I launched that same day, for some reason I couldnt get the bow line off? The winch was acting like a lil bitch with me. We live and we learn sometimes the hard way. Now I get wet everytime, launching & retrieving.

MJ19
    OUCH!!!
    Hast Makes Waste!

Mr.Havasu
    O.K. call me a lame ass but..I have always unhooked everything and backed down the ramp. Never experienced any slipping. After the last picture of the after shock was posted I started thinking maybe I better leave the front hooked up while backing down.
    But I forgot about it and fell back into my old habits. After seeing this happen for a second time I'm convinced I need to start new habits. I would hate to see my cat in that position. That totally sucks, feel sorry for the owner.

Mandelon
    I don't unhook till the boat floats......and it fires up and is running.
    I guess maybe some can't reach the clip without getting wet???? Is that why you'd do it in advance?
    I guess I can see it could be OK to unhook in advance on a really shallow ramp. But a steeper ramp and one tap on the brakes while backing down could turn out pretty bad. frown

SCUBA STEVE
    I unhooked b4 backing down the ramp at elsinore. But I wont do it at havasu marina or at perris.
    Now that I think about it, I will probably never unhook again, until the boat is floating.

Jrocket
    My problem is I usually forget to unhook the bow and try to pull the boat,truck and trailer out to the sand bar with me!!! Oh well,what can ya do..

Hermosa
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by SCUBA STEVE:
    [QB] JetboatRich & Mbrown2, I was trying to launch & retrieve w/o getting wet. I went to elsinore couple of times, and did it with no problems.
    I can see you not wanting to get into Lake Elsinore, infection just waiting to happen. ; )
    [ May 01, 2003, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Hermosa ]

Hermosa
    Havasu Doug:
    We had another cool Mid-week liars club get together at Lake Perris. That is until we heard a loud crash from the ramp................................... eek!

Is this a different boat than the one that did this a month ago??

superV
    F'ing LAKE HOG dragging its ass!I hear thats how they ride in the water too.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast