Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: another ramp mishap

Havasu Doug
    Robbie Racer:
    Did it happen when they were launching it or when they were pulling it out of the water? I would think that it would slide off the trailer easier if the bottom of the boat and the trailer bunks were wet (if the winch ratchet wasn't locked correctly). It was during launch. My understanding is that it was the maiden launch too. There were a bunch of techs there helping out.

beer hunter
    mbrown2:
    Hermosa:
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Havasu Doug:
    [qb] Is this a different boat than the one that did this a month ago?? Yes, the last boat was an aftershock; this one is a B&H Water Rod. It sure looks like an Aftershock hull

rivernutts
    F*cking Brillant, I tell you!!!! Sometimes you gotta wonder aftershock is now making carrera what a waste of a great name!!! By the way The ad in the boattrader: 29' carrera cat for $59,995, what's it held together by super glue?

HalletDave
    Doug, that is funny.
    There were a bunch of techs there helping out.
    HD

SCUBA STEVE
    I Remember being at Aftershock when that happened. I didnt ask any questions though. I believe that was actaully in FEB? Unless there was another incident. I think that was the same day I had issues at perris.
    Perris must have it in for Aftershock boats. frown

Havasu_Jet_85
    Kilrtoy:
    ANother story of "I HAVE MONEY AND I WANT BOAT"
    DOn't know what to do but I can afford it..... Couldnt have said it better

SCUBA STEVE
    rivernutts:
    F*cking Brillant, I tell you!!!! Sometimes you gotta wonder aftershock is now making carrera what a waste of a great name!!! By the way The ad in the boattrader: 29' carrera cat for $59,995, what's it held together by super glue? Not all of us can afford eliminators, nordics, or hallets. I am happy with my boat, as a first time new boat owner, I feel I got a good deal and a good boat. Alex & Paul are doing a great job over there, always willing to chit chat w/me even though they already have my $. I'll take customer service over a top name boat anytime. RIVERNUTS you being a store owner should know, the price advertised is just to get customers in the door.
    [ May 01, 2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

Avenger 1975
    A few years ago I met a guy to test drive his 19' Checkmate on a river. He asked if I wanted to back up the truck or launch the boat. Since I figure the owner of the boat knows his trailer, tie-downs, winch, etc. I said I would back the truck. Little did I know the guy unhooked the winch on a very steep ramp. I barely touched the brakes and the boat started to slide, down it went though not too hard, I braked slowly to kind of "catch" it rather than make it slide faster. Anyway, we bulled it back on, launched with no apparent damage. The guy said he usually didn't lauch it, his brother or friends did, oh well.

rivernutts
    SCUBA STEVE:
    rivernutts:
    F*cking Brillant, I tell you!!!! Sometimes you gotta wonder aftershock is now making carrera what a waste of a great name!!! By the way The ad in the boattrader: 29' carrera cat for $59,995, what's it held together by super glue? Not all of us can afford eliminators, nordics, or hallets. I am happy with my boat, as a first time new boat owner, I feel I got a good deal and a good boat. Alex & Paul are doing a great job over there, always willing to chit chat w/me even though they already have my $. I'll take customer service over a top name boat anytime. RIVERNUTS you being a store owner should know, the price advertised is just to get customers in the door. Just ruffling some feathers it started to get kind of boring arouind here!!

SCUBA STEVE
    Yeah I kind of figured that. But I had to defend my boat maker anyway.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast