Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tonight I'm PISSED!!!

Brian
    For those of you who know me, normally I'm fairly easy going... but tonight somebody needs to peel me off the ceiling because I'm PISSED!!!
    I live in a gated neighborhood. Not my choice but it's nice so I'm ok with it most of the time. I'm driving in through the gate, boat in tow, and for whatever reason tonight the gate decides to close on my boat. Maybe I should have expected a problem because one half of the gate was already open. Four big scratches in the side, rub rail screwed up. HOA gets a really nasty phone call tomorrow...
    I sure hope they are reasonable about this or things could get really ugly!

Red Horse
    Good luck. Read your HOAs CC&Rs. IF you pay to maintain the gates you might also own them. If you own them and they screwed up it is on you. Not sure about your HOA, but read the CC&Rs first.

SOMEBEACH
    Best of luck with that. Hope it all turns out well !!

phebus
    You say big scratches, but are they deep, or more like scuffs? Could be an easy fix if they can be wet sanded out and buffed.

Brian
    All the way through the color into the white underneath. Will be reading those CCRs tonight...
    :argue:

NashvilleBound
    Good thing its a beginner ride.... JUST KIDDING!! Sorry to hear about that......that really sucks. Looks like a nice ride.

Jordy
    That sucks. Moving the boat??? Water test perhaps??? But at any rate that really sucks.

Red Horse
    We had a similar thing happen in our neighborhood. Wife sat on board so I knew what happend. Gates malfunctioned and slammed on guys new Cadillac STS. He was pissed, as well he should be. Lawyer of management company determined that since he owned the gates, as well as the other HOA members then he was liable for the damage incured. What finally happened it is went to vote before the neigborhood to see if we as a HOA wanted to pay for repairs to his car. Needless to say, they didnt want to. His insurance took care of it. Gates break all the time and most HOA dont spend the money to fix them or have a maintenance contract on them. They open and close MANY times a day. You might want to suggest to your HOA to keep them open from 0600-0800 and then again from 1600-1800. This would reduce amount of operation time quite a bit.

dicudmore
    sorry to hear that Brian...that sucks

termiteguy
    We had a similar thing happen in our neighborhood. Wife sat on board so I knew what happend. Gates malfunctioned and slammed on guys new Cadillac STS. He was pissed, as well he should be. Lawyer of management company determined that since he owned the gates, as well as the other HOA members then he was liable for the damage incured. What finally happened it is went to vote before the neigborhood to see if we as a HOA wanted to pay for repairs to his car. Needless to say, they didnt want to. His insurance took care of it. Gates break all the time and most HOA dont spend the money to fix them or have a maintenance contract on them. They open and close MANY times a day. You might want to suggest to your HOA to keep them open from 0600-0800 and then again from 1600-1800. This would reduce amount of operation time quite a bit.
    if this is the case and you own them then simply remove them see what they say then and when they tell you cant remove them then hand the bill and tell them to deduct your portion of the bill 200 residents 200 people owe you money

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast